Wisconsin voters: Deadline to register to vote online or by mail for the Spring Election is TODAY
Anyone who plans to vote in Wisconsin for the April 5 Presidential Primary and Wisconsin Local Election must register to vote online or by mail by Wednesday, March 16. Register to vote now!
Voters can also register in person at the municipal clerk’s office during normal business hours (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) through Wednesday, March 16.
Students who live on campus who plan to vote in Wisconsin for this election will vote at the Kenosha Civil War Museum, 5500 1st Ave, Kenosha, WI 53140.
Proof of Residence for Residential Students
Wisconsin voters must provide proof of residence to register to vote. A student’s proof of enrollment at their institution serves as proof of residence for registration. Students can access their proof of enrollment by following these steps:
- Log into your My.Carthage portal
- Click on the “Finances Tab”
- On the left menu, select “My Account Information”
- Select “Course and Fee Statement”
- From the drop-down menu, select the current semester (this should default)
- Select “Generate My Course and Fee Statement”
- Click on the PDF to view and print your fee statement
- Bring your fee statement to the polling station with your voter ID
Once you register to vote in Wisconsin, you will be registered for all upcoming elections, including the Midterm Elections on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Once you register to vote in Wisconsin, you will not be eligible to vote in your home state in future elections unless you re-register in that state. Students who prefer to vote in their home elections can do so via absentee ballot.
Learn more about requesting absentee ballots
Wisconsin voters who don’t live on campus
Find your polling location at myvote.wi.gov.