Manager, Slate CRM & Engagement
Carthage College is transforming the recruiting and admissions system infrastructure, using Slate as the enabling software platform. The overall objective of the new project is to advance our mission by modernizing our recruiting and admissions systems and processes. In preparation for the Slate project, the college is hiring a Manager for Slate CRM and Engagement. The Manager will be a key member of the implementation project team, will serve as primary system administrator, and will be responsible for continuous improvement in years to come. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of recruiting and admissions at Carthage College.
Under the general direction of the Vice President for Enrollment, the Manager of Slate CRM and Engagement will implement, enhance and improve the functionality of the Slate CRM and support all interaction and communication needs for all admissions stakeholders. The Slate Manager will provide strategic leadership and serve as a key member of the Office of Admissions leadership team. They will provide oversight in collaboration with the Vice President for operational processes and efficiencies, data analysis, admission, financial aid, and enrollment communications, and staff management and development.
- Lead ongoing development and implementation of new Slate features and initiatives.
- Creates, maintains, and audits Slate functionality.
- Assess applicant usage of Slate CRM and partner with admission liaisons to drive engagement.
- Support development of student portals.
- Manage day-to-day usage of Slate communication and event tools.
- Implement campus experience communication for maximum student impact.
- Monitor user adoption and facilitate timely Slate training.
- Ability to use Google Analytics in partnership with Slate data analysis.
THE PERSON WILL:
- Serve as the primary business liaison to the rest of LIS with regards to CRM implementation, maintenance, and development.
- Provide business process analysis, technical support, and problems solving to help campus partners update business processes to take advantage of the CRM.
- Oversee integration testing, coordinate end user testing, and create and maintain test plans.
- Develop and facilitate Slate CRM training workshops and end-user documentation.
- Provide technical support to Slate CRM users.
- Serve on campus-wide committees including, but not limited to, data governance, strategic enrollment management, and cross-functional project team.
- Other duties as assigned
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, PROBLEM SOLVING, AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A successful candidate for this role will have a demonstrated passion for problem solving; strong project management skills and the proven ability to build trust and work well with all levels of management and technical staff.
- Able to plan all elements of implementation project, develop objectives and requirements, assign tasks to project members, manage the overall project, and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle simultaneous requests.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; sound judgement; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer/data fluency; and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the College.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate progress/problems to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. 3+ years in enrollment management or related field.
- Previous experience in Slate CRM.
- Prior experience at a private liberal arts institution preferred.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the thriving Chicago-Milwaukee corridor, Carthage College blends the best liberal arts traditions with desirable degree programs, transformative learning opportunities, and personal attention from dedicated faculty and staff. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum with stunning lake views, is home to 2,600 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Founded in 1847, Carthage is consistently named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review and a Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report. All Carthage employees play a vital part in the success of our students, as we work together to create an environment where all can achieve their true potential. Grow with Carthage.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.