The Esports Arena opened in fall 2021 for the launch of Carthage’s esports program. This multipurpose facility is located on the lower level of the Todd Wehr Center and is open to all students.
What’s in the Esports Arena?
- 24 gaming stations with custom-built PCs by Lenovo
- More than 30 games loaded onto each station
- A comfortable and spacious lounge area with seating for 40
- 6 big-screen televisions
- A built-in classroom
- 2 bring-your-own console stations
Hours are subject to change.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 3-6 p.m., 8 p.m.-Midnight
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3-6 p.m., 9 p.m.-Midnight
- Saturdays and Sundays: 4 p.m.-Midnight
- Summer Hours: Closed
The College converted the former WOH’s Place to an Esports Arena on the lower level of the Todd Wehr Center.
All Carthage students are welcome to visit the Esports Arena to play games, watch movies, or hang out with friends.
In 2021, esports became the first coed varsity sport at Carthage, and the 28th overall sport for the Firebirds.
Students in the game development program also meet in the arena’s classroom. Carthage offers both a minor and an optional concentration in game development for computer science majors.
In their inaugural season, Carthage esports won the NECC Conference Title in Rocket League.