Careers at Carthage: Staff Positions
Current openings: Staff Positions
- Read “Student Financial Services Accounts Receivable Coordinator”
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the Office of Student Financial Services. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent processes.
- The Executive Director for Donor and Constituent Engagement is a results-driven leader, managing a team of professionals in developing and executing strategies for ongoing engagement of key donors and broad-based constituent engagement, meeting KPIs for the priorities noted below.Read “Executive Director, Donor and Constituent Engagement”
- The Financial Aid Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid provides financial aid counseling and administrative support duties to facilitate the operation of the office of Student Financial Services. The Financial Aid Coordinator assists in coordinating activities with other departments, outside agencies, and the campus community.Read “Financial Aid Coordinator”
- The Internship and Experiential Learning Coordinator is a member of The Aspire Center team and is the key point person for students and employers interested in drawing upon the talents of Carthage students through a variety of experiences, such as student employment, internships, job shadowing, service projects, course-integrated learning, and post-graduate experiences.Read “Internship and Experiential Learning Coordinator”
- Read “Social Media and Digital Engagement Specialist”
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Carthage College seeks an enthusiastic and creative Social Media and Digital Engagement Specialist to join our award-winning team. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise across social media platforms, a skilled approach to amplifying strategic marketing messages, the ability to measure and report on audience engagement, and an eagerness and ability to tell stories in ways that engage and inspire.
- The Office of Marketing and Communications at Carthage College seeks an enthusiastic and talented Visual Storyteller to join our award-winning team. The successful candidate will demonstrate an eagerness and ability to tell the Carthage story through photos, videos, and online stories that captivate and inspire our various audiences, and amplify strategic messages across marketing platforms.Read “Visual Storyteller”
- The Assistant Director of Public Safety is responsible for providing outstanding leadership and support in the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety and prevention program to support the College’s mission, vision, and strategic goals. The Assistant Director will assume a leadership role in the Office of Public Safety. The Assistant Director of Public Safety will be the second in charge of the Office of Public Safety. The position reports directly to the Director of Public Safety, and will assume leadership in the Director’s absence. The position requires significant management and administrative support to the Director, while primarily assigned to evenings and weekends.Read “Assistant Director of Public Safety”
- Carthage College seeks a Student Success/Case Manager to provide specialized retention outreach and support services within the Center for Student Success. Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Success, Health and Wellness, and in collaboration with the Student Success Advisors, the Student Success/Case Manager is responsible for the successful utilization of the Navigate case management software, and supporting the ongoing student academic success and persistence through graduation.Read “Student Success Advisor/ Case Manager”
- This full-time, benefits-eligible position provides support for all visual and performing arts events at Carthage, including rehearsals, masterclasses, performances, and exhibitions. This position reports to the Dean of the Arts and Humanities.Read “Visual and Performing Arts Events Manager”
- The Director of Advancement Services and Database Management oversees the management of gift and constituent information, including the collection, input, and extraction of related data; architecture management; process management and management of relationships with campus and team colleagues.Read “Director of Advancement Services & Database Manager”
- Read “Enterprise Systems Analyst/Programmer”
Join in this hybrid role (70% remote, 30% onsite) for the opportunity to be a key to the success of our transformative Workday project!
This analyst’s primary responsibility will be to promote and enable the effective use of enterprise information systems throughout the college. Our ideal candidate will design, implement, maintain and enhance the various applications used by our offices and students.
- The Student Financial Services Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the billing and accounts receivable functions in the Office of Student Financial Services. The Student Financial Services Coordinator must provide exceptional service and collaborate with other student service departments to ensure seamless and consistent processes.Read “Student Financial Services Coordinator”
- The Data Reporting Specialist provides support to institutional research activities, data governance, and student information systems maintenance. This position will work closely with the Institutional Research Coordinator on issues such as student retention, academic planning, and student success through the communication of clear, timely, and actionable information.Read “Data Reporting Specialist”
- Carthage College is transforming the recruiting and admissions system infrastructure, using Slate as the enabling software platform. The overall objective of the new project is to advance our mission by modernizing our recruiting and admissions systems and processes. In preparation for the Slate project, the college is hiring a Manager for Slate CRM and Engagement. The Manager will be a key member of the implementation project team, will serve as primary system administrator, and will be responsible for continuous improvement in years to come. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of recruiting and admissions at Carthage College.Read “Manager, Slate CRM & Engagement”
- The Director of Major Giving will work closely with colleagues across the College to develop and implement key fundraising strategies and activities. This position will develop tailored strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward top donors and prospects, leading to significant major and planned gifts in support of the College’s highest fundraising priorities. The position is responsible for developing philanthropic connections through engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects with the goals of maintaining the gift stream from an assigned portfolio as well as building a major gifts pipeline by identifying and activating donor new relationships.Read “Director of Major Giving”
- This position is responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of electrically powered systems, and equipment including the distribution systems and equipment following accepted procedures and techniques of the electrical trades and codes.Read “Electrician Technician”
- Read “Part-Time Public Safety Officer”
The Carthage College Office of Public Safety is looking for applicants for the Part-Time Public Safety Officer position. This position is responsible for providing safety services to all members of the Carthage College community, as well as ensuring security of campus buildings and grounds.
- Read “Full-Time Public Safety Officer”
Under direct supervision, performs various duties relating to the health and safety of persons and property at Carthage College. Patrols the College campus at designated areas and times while adhering to established procedures and policies for handling a wide variety of situations. Work hours typically include evenings, weekends, and holiday hours on a scheduled basis.
- Read “Major Gift Officers”
Carthage seeks persistent, results-driven, creative, and collaborative major gift officers at the director and assistant director level. Major gift officers develop long-term philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents, and community members to maintain established and open new connections based on a common vision and willingness to provide financial support for Carthage College and its students. They develop and implement tailored strategies to identify prospects and manage relationships toward significant major and planned gifts in support of the College’s highest priorities and overall fundraising goals. In this work, gift officers work closely with campus colleagues, including the president, provost, deans, and faculty as well as admissions, financial aid, and career advisors.