state licensure information

Athletic Training

The Carthage College Master of Arts in Athletic Training is approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). As a CAATE-approved program, the Carthage Master of Athletic Training degree is recognized by all state licensure boards. Graduates of the Carthage program may sit for the board exam and apply for licensure in all states. Licensure is a state-by-state process. Please note: Hawaii requires completion of requirements of the Board of Certification for Registration.
Learn more about the Master of Athletic Training at Carthage


Graduates of the Carthage College Teacher Education Licensure Program obtain a Wisconsin Teaching License. Wisconsin is part of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement, which facilitates the mobility of educators among member states. This agreement makes it possible for educators who hold a certificate or license in one state to earn a certificate or license in another state. States may have additional requirements for certification or licensure, which may include additional coursework, additional exams, or additional licenses covering different grades or content areas.  
See a list of states that belong to NASDTEC
Learn more about studying education at Carthage


The Carthage College Nursing Program meets the educational requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. It prepares students to take the NCLEX-RN exam. The National Council of the State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) administers NCLEX-RN examinations on behalf of its member boards, which consist of the boards of nursing in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and four U.S. territories: American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Learn more about Nursing Licensure
Learn more about studying nursing at Carthage

Social Work

Accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE), the Carthage College Social Work program awards a Bachelor of Arts in Social Work that meets the initial BSW licensure requirements for all states where BSW licensure is required. Individual states may have additional requirements for BSW-level licensing, which may include an exam and/or post-BSW professional experience. Other states may require a Master of Social Work or higher degree. In Wisconsin, the bachelor-level certification is the Certified Social Worker (CSW), which requires a BSW degree from a CSWE-accredited social work program, successful completion of the Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Code Examination, and successful completion of the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) bachelor-level national exam.
See a state-by-state list
Learn more about studying social work at Carthage