The Office of Student Financial Services regularly posts news of new scholarship opportunities to The Bridge, a website for the Carthage community. Those announcements can be found below. Please review all criteria to determine which resources might be applicable to you.
Current Scholarship News
Scholarship Search Sites
- Scholarship America
- School Soup
- Federal Student Aid (FSA) — Get help at every stage of the financial aid process, whether you’re in or out of school.
- Finaid — Financial Aid Information — Use custom calculators to figure out how much school will cost, how much you need to save, and how much aid you will need.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) — Apply and/or renew your processing for federal student aid programs, request an FSA ID, correct the ISIR, and more.
- Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. — Obtain a wealth of information concerning your Direct (Stafford) or PLUS loans processed through Great Lakes Higher Education, the federal loan guarantor used most by Carthage.
- IRS — Education Tax Credits — Learn about various education-related tax credits and deductions.
- Loan Forgiveness for Teachers — Learn about this federal program to forgive loans for students who meet certain eligibility criteria.
- The National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS) — Get a list of all student loans you took out while you were attending college. Please note: The individual may have loans with other loan agencies that have not provided information or authorization to the clearinghouse.
- FSA Ombudsman — The FSA Ombudsman works with student loan borrowers to informally resolve loan disputes and problems. Their goal is to facilitate and provide creative options and alternatives for borrowers needing assistance with federal loans.
- Selective Service System — Register for the selective service or verify their registration online.
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid — Learn more about the different types of loans.
- U.S. Department of Education Home Page — This site contains everything a student needs to know about federal aid and educational opportunities.
- U.S. Department of Education FSA ID Registration — This web site is your source of information for the U.S. Department of Education FSA ID.