Carthage College offers summer sessions to meet the needs of traditional and nontraditional students.
Who can take summer courses?
- Carthage Adult Undergraduate Studies students
- Carthage traditional students
- College students from other institutions
- Other professionals
- High school students with special permission
When are summer courses held?
Carthage typically offers two terms each summer:
- Summer I: May 23-July 7, 2022
- Summer II: July 11-Aug. 25, 2022
Convenient 7-Week Format
Summer courses are offered in Carthage’s convenient 7-week accelerated format, providing flexibility for busy adults, professionals, parents, and traditional students. Classes are held on campus in the evenings, meeting for three hours one night a week for seven weeks. Courses are delivered in an innovative “hybrid” design, combining face-to-face class sessions with online learning opportunities.
* Please note: Due to the accelerated format of the summer courses, there will be homework due on the first night of class. Be sure to check Schoology and your Carthage email a week in advance of the course beginning so you do not fall behind. *
How to Register
Students who are already enrolled at Carthage as traditional undergraduate students may enroll in summer courses beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 29, 2021. Cost to traditional undergraduate students for 2021 is $595 per credit; cost for courses marked as “ONLINE” is $375 per credit. Contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.
Non-Carthage students, including high school students and community members, who are interested in taking summer classes should contact Bill Weir at 262-551-6640 or email@example.com
2022 Summer Courses
Summer I (May 23-July 7, 2022)
- BIO 2010 Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Professional I (LAB SCI)
- CDM 2500 Basic Digital Photography (FAR)
- EXS 2500 Comprehensive School Health Programming
- EXS 4020 Theory and Practice of Coaching
- HIS 1120 Issues in European History II (HUM)
- POL/WMG 3110 Women’s and Gender Studies Theory (DIV)
- REL 2220 B Jesus Beyond Christianity (REL)(GH)
- SPN 1010 Elementary Spanish I (MLA)
Summer II (July 11-Aug. 25, 2022)
- BUS 1110 Introduction to Business
- BUS/ECN 2340 Applied Statistics for Management and Economics (MTH)
- COR 1200 Intellectual Foundations
- NSG 3014 Nursing Practice II: Improving Children’s Health Outcomes
- PHY 1000 Physics for Future Presidents
- SPN 1020 Elementary Spanish II