J-Term 2022 Blog: Where in the world is Carthage this J-Term?
J-Term, or January Term, is a special month-long period of study in which Carthage students travel, experiment, explore new subjects, discover new interests, and test their creativity in classes on campus and around the world.
This J-Term, students traveling on select study tours in Honduras, Peru, and Spain are sharing their amazing experiences through daily blog posts. We’ll also share stories about on-campus courses. Follow along!
- We continued our travels toward the Eastern Cape, stopping at the beautiful town of Knysna along the “Garden Route” of Africa.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Farewell, South Africa!”
- We boarded a flight from Durban to Port Elizabeth and then drove a short way to our next accommodation — Tsitsikamma Village Inn.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Adventures in Tsitsikamma”
- We left the game reserve with some crazy memories and heart-racing experiences. Now, we head off to the Drakensberg Mountains.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: The Drakensberg Mountains”
- We woke up bright and early to catch our first Indian Ocean sunrise before heading out to the Estuary.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Safari wildlife encounters”
- Friday, our second full day at the school was amazing! Filled with more song and dance, it was an energizing day in which we got to finish some projects that we started earlier in the week.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Final days at Nkume Primary School”
- We’re finally here! Wednesday was our first day at the Nkume Primary School, and it was nothing short of incredible.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Arriving at Nkume Primary School”
- Check out what our students are doing on the summer 2022 study tour to South Africa.Read “Summer 2022 J-Term Blog: Hello from South Africa!”
- See what our students on the Peru J-Term Study Tour have been up to during their last week away from home (we can’t wait to welcome them back!)Read “J-Term 2022 Blog: Adventures up Machu Picchu”
- See what our students on the Spain J-Term Study Tour have been up to in the past week (hint: it includes dessert)!Read “J-Term 2022 Blog: Museums and Musicals in Madrid!”