J-Term 2023 Blog: Where in the world is Carthage this J-Term?
J-Term, or January Term, is a special month-long period of study in which Carthage students travel, experiment, explore new subjects, discover new interests, and test their creativity in classes on campus and around the world.
Throughout J-Term, students share their amazing experiences through blog posts. We’ll also share stories about on-campus courses. Follow along!
- I’m so excited for you all to see what we’ve done the last few days in Costa Rica. We went to Las Vueltas lodge, which was almost 10,000 feet above sea level! It’s a beautiful place that is family-run.Read “J-Term Blog: Our last few days in Costa Rica!”
- We spent the day at a beach in Costa Rica, snorkeling, dolphin and whale watching, and catching the beautiful sunsets!Read “J-Term Blog: A day full of adventures in Costa Rica!”
- Did somebody say beach day? They absolutely did! All of us spent a wonderful sunny day on the beach and swimming in the ocean.Read “J-Term Blog: Snorkeling in Parque Nacional Marino Ballena”
- The next day, we continued on our safari by going to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, which houses one of the seven wonders of Tanzania — the Ngorongoro Crater.Read “J-Term Blog: Day two of our safari in the Serengeti”
- On Jan. 16, our very first morning in Tanzania, we woke up in Moshi at the beautiful Panama resort.Read “J-Term Blog: Learning opportunities in Tanzania”