News from the Accounting and Finance Department
Recent News Stories
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
- Academics,Top StoriesCarthage has hired a founding dean to shape the new School of Business and Economics: Jim Padilla, whose successful track record as an educational and corporate leader spans more than 20 years.Read “Meet the dean: Jim Padilla to lead School of Business and Economics”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Lunch and resume workshop with CNH Industrial accounting officer TODAY”
Kelly Blasiman ’96, chief accounting officer at CNH Industrial, will provide resume tips from an employer perspective.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Sign up for lunch with Uline and learn about finance career opportunities Wednesday”
Uline is hosting a free luncheon for students interested in finance and job opportunities with their Accounts Receivable Team.
- The Bridge: TechnologyWatch a 15-minute tutorial to learn how to use the top five business research tools available to you at Carthage.Read “Business students: Check out Carthage’s top five business research tools”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsMeet Carthage alumni and Abbott employees who launched their careers with internships at Abbott. Apply for internships via Handshake.Read “Appetizers with Abbott: Hear from Abbott employees and apply for internships TODAY”
- 34 Carthage College students, ranging from first-year through graduating seniors, attended the 2021 Chicago Area Accounting, Finance, and Data Analytics Fair.Read “34 Students attend Chicago Area Accounting, Finance, and Data Analytics Fair”
- Academics,Faculty & Staff Accolades,Innovation,Stories of Impact,Student Achievements,Top StoriesCarthage’s accounting program has been recognized as a top program for preparing students for the CPA Exam.Read “Carthage’s CPA accounting program receives high national ranking”