The African Studies minor at Carthage consists of six courses (24 credits) from three different categories:
POL/SOC/WMG 3040 African Transitions (4 credits)
Choose one course from each list to equal 12 credits:
Arts and Culture
- ARH 3720 Arts of Africa (4 credits)
- MUS 3020 Survey of Music Sub-Saharan Africa (4 credits)
- POL/SOC/WMG 3030 Women of Africa (4 credits)
- REL 3370 Religion in Africa (4 credits)
* J-Term study tours that clearly fit any of the above categories, as determined by the Program Director, may count for Category 2 courses.
Choose two courses from options below to equal 8 credits:
- J-Term study tour(s) to Africa.
- Any Category 2 course not already being used.
- Any course with significant African content, as approved by Program Director.
Current students, remember: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the department chair to ensure all requirements are met.