African Studies Minor
The minor consists of 24 credits from three different categories:
- POL/SOC/WMG 3040 African Transitions (4 credits)
ARH 3720 Arts of Africa (4 credits)
or MUS 3020 Survey of Music: Sub-Saharan Africa (4 credits)
- POL/SOC/WMG 3030 Women of Africa (4 credits)
- REL 3370 Religion in Africa (4 credits)
* J-Term study tours that clearly fit any of the above categories, as determined by the Program Director, may count for Category 2 courses.
Choose two courses from options below (8 credits total):
- J-Term study tour to Africa
- Any Category 2 course not already being used
- Any course with significant African content, as approved by Program Director
Current students, remember: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the department chair to ensure all requirements are met.