Carthage offers a major in allied health science. To earn a Bachelor of Art in Allied health Science from Carthage, students must complete the Carthage Core, Distribution Requirements, and the major requirements outlined below.
Required Courses (44 credits)
- AHS 1020 Introduction to Healthcare Professions (2 credits)
- AHS 3080 Structural Kinesiology (4 credits)
- AHS 4439 Healthcare Informatics (2 credits)
- AHS 4469 Evidence-based Practice in Healthcare (4 credits)
- AHS 4900 Senior Seminar (4 credits)
- BIO 2010 Human Anatomy and Physiology for the Health Professional I (4 credits)
- BIO 2020 Human Anatomy & Physiology for the Health Professional II (4 credits)
- CHM 1010 General Chemistry I (4 credits)
- CHM 1020 General Chemistry II (4 credits)
- EXS 2330 Applied Statistics for Health and Human Services (4 credits)
- EXS 3080 Physiology of Exercise (4 credits)
- PHY 2100 Physics I (4 credits)
- BUS 1130 Introduction to the Business of Healthcare (4 credits)
- CDM 2100 Healthcare Communication (4 credits)
- PYC 1500 Introduction to Psychological Science (4 credits)
- PYC 1850 Lifespan Developmental Psychology for the Health Professional (4 credits)
The allied health science major serves as the pre-professional phase of the Master of Athletic Training program. Carthage has agreements with Washington University St. Louis Master in Occupational Therapy and the Medical College of Wisconsin Master in Public Health. This major can serve as the pre-professional phase of those graduate programs.
The curriculum, taught by practicing healthcare providers, also prepares students for graduate physical therapy, physician assistant, pharmacy, and chiropractic programs.
Those students interested in non-patient contact healthcare careers in the pharmaceutical industry, medical devices, and healthcare administration are well prepared with the addition of a minor in business administration.
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors and the program chair to ensure all requirements are met.