Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Digital Salon: Screenings of films and soundscapes during Art Walk”
During Art Walk on Saturday, May 14, the Photography and Film and New Media Program will sponsor a “Digital Salon,” that will screen selected 2021-22 student films, stop-motion videos, video art projects, and soundscapes from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Niemann Theater (HL 159).
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Join us for our Seventh Annual Art Walk Saturday”
Join us for the Seventh Annual Art Walk from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at various venues across our beautiful, flowering lakeside campus.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Gain experience this summer: Work for the Office of Marketing and Communications!”
The Office of Marketing and Communications has openings for student employees to join its award-winning staff for summer and fall. Apply now on Handshake.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “The Office of Performing and Visual Arts is hiring”
The Office of Performing and Visual Arts is looking to fill positions for the 2022-23 season. Apply now on Handshake.
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsLearn about the J-Term study tour: Open the Door: A Collision Course in Creativity in Costa Rica during a virtual information session at 5 p.m. Monday, May 2.Read “J-Term Info Session: A Collision Course in Creativity in Costa Rica TODAY”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “The Business of Art: Exploring Opportunities in Arts Administration Thursday”
Join us at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 28, in the Todd Wehr Center 128 A and B for free dinner and conversations about exploring career paths.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Submissions to ‘Anything Goes’ Humor Magazine extended through Sunday”
Centrique has moved the deadline for submissions of “Anything Goes” to Sunday, April 24.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Accepting submissions for new student photography exhibit: Deadline Saturday”
All students are invited to submit photographs for “REBIRTH,” a student photography exhibition. Submission are due at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, April 23.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Attend a Virtual Artist Talk with Joyce Morrow Jones Thursday”
Sculptural fiber artist, storyteller, and author, Joyce Morrow Jones, also known as Orisanmi Kehinde Odesayna, will speak about her art practice in a virtual artist talk, followed by a Q&A session.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Passionate about photography or film? Sign up for the Optics/Lens Workshop tomorrow”
The Photography and Film and New Media Program is offering a free Optics/Lens Workshop for Carthage students.
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Prof. Jojin Van Winkle’s experimental film receives award and screens internationally”
Prof. Jojin Van Winkle’s experimental film “The Destruction Project” received Best Experimental Film in the 2022 High Tatras Film & Video Festival in Slovakia.
- The Bridge: ArtsAttend the Artist Talk for the current art exhibit “All Visual Faculties Intact” Thursday, March 31. Prof. Diane Levesque will discuss her ongoing art practice.Read “Attend the ‘All Visual Faculties Intact’ Artist Talk TODAY”
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Come to the opening reception for ‘All Visual Faculties Intact’ tomorrow”
Carthage presents the “All Visual Faculties Intact” art exhibit, displaying the creative and scholarly activities from various studio art and graphic design faculty members.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Art installation ‘For The Time Being’ by Arianna Cunningham ’23 now through Wednesday”
Arianna Cunningham’s ’23 sculptural installation “For The Time Being” opens at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 3, in the VPAL.
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Prof. Jojin Van Winkle’s screenplay wins Best Script at independent film festival”
Prof. Jojin Van Winkle’s screenplay “Tanked” was awarded Best Script at the Reykjavik Independent Film Festival (Iceland) on Feb. 22.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Interested in publishing a literature and arts journal? Attend Centrique’s meeting tomorrow”
Students can sign up for various jobs related to the production of the magazine — editing, layout, website design, events, etc.
To celebrate the completion of their senior thesis projects, graduating studio art majors Andrew Albers ’22, Lindsey Neu ’22, and Tommy Williams ’22 will present a group exhibition of their work in a variety of media.