Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: KudosAndy Huynh ’25 gave a presentation on the illegal elephant ivory trade and how mammoth tusks are used to implement the decreasing elephant ivory stock.Read “Paleontology student’s research on mammoth ivory trade highlighted on Science.org”
- The Bridge: KudosProfessor Andrea Henle was awarded an “American Association of Immunologists Young Investigator Award” at the 50th Autumn Immunology Conference in Chicago.Read “Prof. Andrea Henle receives Young Investigator Award for COVID-19 research”
- The Bridge: KudosDuring a four-week expedition in Montana, Professor Thomas Carr and his team (including Carthage students and other volunteers) discovered many dinosaur fossils, which are planned to go to the Dinosaur Discovery Museum in Kenosha.Read “Prof. Thomas Carr speaks with Kenosha News about recent dinosaur expedition”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Carthage expedition finds T. rex and triceratops bones”
The Carthage Institute of Paleontology had another successful field season to the badlands of southeastern Montana, where significant fossils of T. rex and triceratops were found.
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsSee photos and a video from Beta Beta Beta’s Halloween Boo Bash Celebration!Read “Boo Bash was a smashing success! See photos and video from the event”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsBeta Beta Beta invites the campus community to a Boo Bash from 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, in the Straz Atrium.Read “Boo Bash: Vote for your favorite pumpkin, eat tasty insects, and handle creepy crawlies Oct. 31!”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsCarthage students are invited to attend Healthcare Careers Day from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the University of Wisconsin–Parkside. Transportation will be provided through The Aspire Center.Read “Attend Healthcare Careers Day Wednesday: Register now”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsJoin us in celebrating the women in science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) on Ada Lovelace Day Tuesday, Oct. 11.Read “Ada Lovelace Day: Celebrating women of STEM Tuesday!”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Read the October Pre-Health Advising Newsletter”
The purpose of the Pre-Health Advising Newsletter is to inform Carthage students, staff, and alumni about events, programs, research, and news related to pre-health interests and issues.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsThe Pre-Health Club is inviting an occupational therapist to speak to Carthage students at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, in room 199 of the David A. Straz Jr. Center.Read “Pre-Health Club to host occupational therapist guest speaker Thursday”
- A team of Carthage College researchers is uncovering the prehistoric past, the treasures of excavations — dinosaur digs. Read moreRead “Kenosha paleontologists make surprising dinosaur find”
- A Carthage Institute of Paleontology expedition has discovered hundreds of fossils in the badlands of southeastern Montana, including part of a Tyrannosaurus rex. Read moreRead “Carthage expedition finds T. Rex, triceratops bones”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Carthage Institute of Paleontology featured in multiple news outlets for recent expedition”
The successful 2022 field expedition of the Carthage Institute of Paleontology has netted stories in multiple news outlets.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Learn about summer research at the SURE 2022 Poster Presentations TODAY”
Join us for the Summer Undergraduate Research Experiences Poster Presentations from 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12, in the David A. Straz Jr. Center atrium.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “J-Term 2023 info session: History, Biodiversity, and the Environment in Singapore Tuesday”
Discover unique biodiversity, mangroves, temples, and Southeast Asian culture and history, and eat delicious cuisine while studying in Singapore in January 2023! Learn about the study tour during this information session.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsLearn about upcoming events, meet the new pre-health career specialist, and get answers to your questions. This event is for returning students only.Read “Virtual Pre-Health Information Sessions for returning students Sept. 12-13”