Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsMay is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, a celebration of Asians and Pacific Islanders who live in the United States.Read “Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month!”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Three Carthage Chinese majors won awards at WACLT Speech Contest”
On April 23, under the guidance and training of Professor Linfeng Li and Target Language Expert (TLE) Chih-Hsuan Tsao, two Carthage Chinese majors won awards in the annual Wisconsin Association of Chinese Language Teachers (WACLT) online Chinese speech competition.
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Sophie Flott ’22 awarded Fulbright Teaching Assistantship in Germany”
Carthage senior Sophie Flott ’22 has been awarded a prestigious Fulbright Teaching Assistantship to spend a year teaching in northern Germany after graduation.
- The Bridge: Campus NewsThree Carthage Model UN students won awards at the Barcelona International Model United Nations (BIMUN) conference in Spain.Read “Model United Nations students win big in Barcelona!”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsPlease attend this session to learn more about the course, travel details, how to apply, and the interview process.Read “J-Term Info Session: History, Biodiversity, and Environment in Southeast Asia TODAY”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Carthage students enjoyed Chicago Chinatown field trip”
On April 9, more than 20 students and faculty members went on a field trip to Chicago Chinatown to experience Chinese culture.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “J-Term Info Session: History, Biodiversity, and Environment in Southeast Asia TODAY”
Discover unique biodiversity, mangroves, temples, tea farms, East Asian culture and history, and delicious cuisine while studying in Taiwan! Learn more about the study tour in an info session.
- The Bridge: KudosAround 50 people attended the Carthage Chinese New Year Celebration on Feb. 14.Read “The 2022 Chinese New Year Celebration was a big success!”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsThe Carthage Chinese Program invites students to celebrate the Chinese New Year.Read “Celebrate the Chinese New Year TODAY! Participate in karaoke, crafts, and more”
- In the final week of the fall semester, 22 students who took the Chinese and Japanese Culture Through Calligraphy course presented their final calligraphy pieces in class.Read “Students present their final Chinese and Japanese calligraphy pieces”
- Three Carthage Chinese majors braved the region’s most prestigious Chinese Speech contest and won awards.Read “Three Carthage Chinese majors win awards at Midwest Universities Chinese Speech Contest”
- Four Carthage Chinese majors participated in the annual Wisconsin Association of Chinese Language Teachers (WACLT) online Chinese speech competition.Read “Four Carthage Chinese students recognized at WACLT speech contest”