Recent News Stories
- Prof. Rick Bingen talks about the important qualities and qualifications it takes to become a video game designer in this feature on TechGuide.org.Read “Expert Advice from Prof. Rick Bingen: How to become a video game designer”
- Prof. Perry Kivolowitz discusses the importance of receiving a bachelor’s degree in computer science in this feature on TechGuide.org.Read “Expert Advice: Prof. Perry Kivolowitz discusses the importance of a bachelor’s in computer science”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Prof. Rick Bingen ’15 premieres new play ‘Whirligig of Time’ at Sunstone Studios”
Prof. Rick Bingen is pleased to announce the world premiere of his play, “Whirligig of Time,” which you can catch in Milwaukee this December.
- Top StoriesA team of Carthage students finished in the top five at a major data analytics competition co-sponsored by Major League Baseball.Read “Data science team places high in baseball analytics event”
- Academics,Faculty & Staff Accolades,Stories of Impact,Top StoriesStarting this fall, Prof. Crosby will take on additional duties as the Hedberg Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies.Read “Kevin Crosby named Hedberg Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies”
- ResearchProfessor Kevin Crosby has been awarded a $650,000 grant to continue his work developing new technologies for NASA.Read “Prof. Kevin Crosby receives $650K NASA grant to develop new spaceflight technology”
- Beginning in fall 2021, the College will offer an interdisciplinary minor in game development, as well as a concentration for computer science majors.Read “Game development minor, concentration coming this fall”
- This year, the Computer Science Department became the grateful recipient of two major gifts.Read “Generous Carthage alumni strengthen the future of computer science at Carthage”
- Carthage computer science professor Perry Kivolowitz has won aRead “Computer science professor wins Emmy Award®”
2019 Engineering Emmy Award for his software SilhouetteFX.