Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Gain experience this summer: Work for the Office of Marketing and Communications!”
The Office of Marketing and Communications has openings for student employees to join its award-winning staff for summer and fall. Apply now on Handshake.
- The Bridge: Campus NewsThree Carthage Model UN students won awards at the Barcelona International Model United Nations (BIMUN) conference in Spain.Read “Model United Nations students win big in Barcelona!”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Arts
Celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday: See the English Players perform scenes from ‘As You Like It’ TODAYRead “Celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday: See the English Players perform scenes from ‘As You Like It’ TODAY”
Please join us in celebrating (belatedly) William Shakespeare’s birthday by watching the English Players preform scenes from “As You Like It.”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Attend the Creative Writing Chapbook Reading Tuesday”
The annual Creative Writing Chapbook Reading will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, in Niemann Media Theater.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Accepting submissions to Carthage creative writing contests through Sunday”
Please submit your creative writing (poetry, stories, other creative prose) to Carthage’s creative writing contests.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Submissions to ‘Anything Goes’ Humor Magazine extended through Sunday”
Centrique has moved the deadline for submissions of “Anything Goes” to Sunday, April 24.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Submit to Centrique Journal of Literature and Arts by Friday”
Please send in your creative writing and artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 22.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Visiting Writers Series: Chad Morgan and Laura Solomon tomorrow”
Join the English Department for the next Visiting Writers Series featuring poets Chad Morgan and Laura Solomon.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsPlease join us for a reading of prose and poetry by Professor Alyson Kiesel and poet and master naturalist Chuck Stebelton.Read “Visiting Writers Series: Prof. Alyson Kiesel and Chuck Stebelton TODAY”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Educate and empower local youth: Join the Enactus DiversiReads Committee”
Enactus DiversiReads is looking for new members to join our efforts to unify the Kenosha/Racine community with an emphasis on youth through a love of reading and celebrating differences.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Interested in publishing a literature and arts journal? Attend Centrique’s meeting tomorrow”
Students can sign up for various jobs related to the production of the magazine — editing, layout, website design, events, etc.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “The English Players begins rehearsals for ‘As You Like It’ this week: All are welcome”
This week, we will read the whole of “As You Like It” out loud and choose scenes to perform. Please stop by if you are interested.
- The Bridge: Arts
Students, faculty, and staff: Come to The English Players information meeting for ‘As You Like It’ tomorrowRead “Students, faculty, and staff: Come to The English Players information meeting for ‘As You Like It’ tomorrow”
The English Players will perform scenes from “As You Like It” this spring. Learn more at a casting and informational meeting.
- The Carthage community is invited to the screening of “Walking to Werner,” winner of the Best Documentary Special Jury Prize at the 2006 Seattle International Film Festival.Read “Visiting Writers Series: ‘Walking to Werner’ Film Screening and Conversation with Linas Phillips”