NEWS FROM THE ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Recent News Stories
- Top StoriesOren Cass, who was the domestic policy director for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, shared his insights with Carthage students during a daylong visit April 28, 2022.Read “Conservative policy analyst visits Carthage”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsThree Carthage Model UN students won awards at the Barcelona International Model United Nations (BIMUN) conference in Spain.Read “Model United Nations students win big in Barcelona!”
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
- Academics,Top StoriesCarthage has hired a founding dean to shape the new School of Business and Economics: Jim Padilla, whose successful track record as an educational and corporate leader spans more than 20 years.Read “Meet the dean: Jim Padilla to lead School of Business and Economics”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Lunch and resume workshop with CNH Industrial accounting officer TODAY”
Kelly Blasiman ’96, chief accounting officer at CNH Industrial, will provide resume tips from an employer perspective.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Sign up for lunch with Uline and learn about finance career opportunities Wednesday”
Uline is hosting a free luncheon for students interested in finance and job opportunities with their Accounts Receivable Team.
- The Bridge: TechnologyWatch a 15-minute tutorial to learn how to use the top five business research tools available to you at Carthage.Read “Business students: Check out Carthage’s top five business research tools”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsMeet Carthage alumni and Abbott employees who launched their careers with internships at Abbott. Apply for internships via Handshake.Read “Appetizers with Abbott: Hear from Abbott employees and apply for internships TODAY”
- Sophie Shulman ’23 and Zach Gibson ’23 started a marketing business to facilitate the sale of residential solar panels.Read “Carthage students create marketing company to promote renewable energy”
- 34 Carthage College students, ranging from first-year through graduating seniors, attended the 2021 Chicago Area Accounting, Finance, and Data Analytics Fair.Read “34 Students attend Chicago Area Accounting, Finance, and Data Analytics Fair”
- Mr. Peccarelli will teach students virtually as part of the Chapman Executive-in-Residence programRead “Carthage welcomes Brian Peccarelli ’81 as part of the Chapman Executive-in-Residence program”