Recent News Stories
- Carthage’s School of Business and Economics has two full tuition scholarships available for incoming freshmen who intend to major in accounting, finance, international political economy, economics, management, or marketing.Read “Interested in studying business at Carthage? Apply for a full tuition scholarship today!”
- Innovation,Stories of Impact,Student AchievementsLydia Siegler ’23 was first introduced to LMI Packaging through The Aspire Program, Carthage’s four-year career development program. She has now worked onsite at the company for over a year.Read “Lydia Siegler ’23 utilizes The Aspire Program to gain internship at LMI Packaging”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: News for StudentsAttention finance and accounting students! Are you looking for a paid internship? Enjoy free appetizers while learning about Abbott’s paid accounting/finance internship/co-op positions.Read “Appetizers with Abbott: Learn how to get a paid accounting/finance internship TODAY”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “30 students attend Chicago Area Accounting and Finance Career Fair”
Students met with roughly 50 accounting and finance firms, government agencies, and other employers hiring for both internships and full-time openings.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Prepare for the Career Fair with Deloitte and The Aspire Center TODAY”
Attend a free lunch workshop with Deloitte, one of the top four accounting firms, to learn what recruiters are looking for at career fairs.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsEnjoy pizza while meeting other finance and accounting majors and faculty members. You can also learn about our student organizations and the career planning process.Read “Attend a Finance and Accounting Major Meet and Greet TODAY”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Learn about summer research at the SURE 2022 Poster Presentations TODAY”
Join us for the Summer Undergraduate Research Experiences Poster Presentations from 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 12, in the David A. Straz Jr. Center atrium.
- Top StoriesAre you a current SURE student? We want to hear about your summer research project.Read “SURE students: Tell us about your research!”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Lunch and resume workshop with CNH Industrial accounting officer TODAY”
Kelly Blasiman ’96, chief accounting officer at CNH Industrial, will provide resume tips from an employer perspective.
- Top StoriesOren Cass, who was the domestic policy director for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, shared his insights with Carthage students during a daylong visit April 28, 2022.Read “Conservative policy analyst visits Carthage”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsThree Carthage Model UN students won awards at the Barcelona International Model United Nations (BIMUN) conference in Spain.Read “Model United Nations students win big in Barcelona!”
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Sign up for lunch with Uline and learn about finance career opportunities Wednesday”
Uline is hosting a free luncheon for students interested in finance and job opportunities with their Accounts Receivable Team.