News from Game Development
Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Industry 4.0 expert Travis Hessman to speak at Carthage Oct. 27: Register now”
The Carthage Business and Professional Coalition will launch its 2022-23 luncheon series with manufacturing and tech expert Travis Hessman on Thursday, Oct. 27.
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: KudosSecuring playoff appearances in all five games of competition in their first-ever season, the Carthage esports team is ready to make a splash in the postseason, which begins Thursday, April 14.Read “Esports prepares for playoff push in all five games”
- The Bridge: KudosHalfway through their inaugural season, the Carthage esports team has seen early success and are set to compete for regular season championships, and make a deep run in the playoffs and national tournaments across numerous game titles.Read “Carthage esports team sees early success midseason”
- Academics,Innovation,Stories of ImpactThe freshly renovated space on the lower level of the Todd Wehr Center is home to the Firebirds’ coed esports team but can also be used by other current students.Read “Carthage Esports Arena open to all students”
- Beginning in fall 2021, the College will offer an interdisciplinary minor in game development, as well as a concentration for computer science majors.Read “Game development minor, concentration coming this fall”
The Carthage Business and Professional Coalition will launch its 2022-23 luncheon series with a talk by manufacturing and tech expert Travis Hessman, whose 18-year history as editor-in-chief of trade publications Industry Week and New Equipment Design magazines places him at the vanguard of the Industry 4.0 revolution.