Every Carthage student is required to submit a senior thesis or capstone project to demonstrate their mastery of their chosen area of study. Here is a look at a few of the recent projects Carthage GIS majors have created for this requirement.
- “Boston: A City on the Rise — A History of Land Reclamation in the City of Boston, 1850-1910”
- “Water Quality of the Indian Creek Watershed, Iowa”
- “The Spread of the Brown Tail Moth in Harpswell, Maine”
- “Location Analytics and Intelligence Using GIS to Restructure Business Interactions”
- “Evaluation of Remotely Sensed Solar-Induced Fluorescence From OCO-2 as a Proxy for Productivity with the Forest Inventory Analysis Database”
- “Using MODIS Satellite Imagery to Estimate Particulate Matter (PM2.5)”
- “The Spatial Relationship Between Lightning and CAPE”