Every Carthage student is required to submit a senior thesis or capstone project to demonstrate their mastery of their chosen area of study. Here is a look at a few of the recent projects Carthage geoscience majors have created for this requirement.
- “Algal Blooms and Hypoxia in Lake Erie”
- “The Iron Range: A Tale of Two Industries”
- “Climate Change Threatens Kenyan Tea Plantations”
- “Riparian Wetland Restoration Suitability Analysis for the Middle Mississippi River Floodplain, in Monroe County, Illinois”
- “Water Quality in the Des Plaines River near the Pheasant Run Landfill in Bristol, Wisconsin”
- “Evaluating the Impact of a Waterfall on Upstream and Downstream Habitat Conditions and Fish Diversity”
- “The Impact of Land Use/Land Cover Change on Flooding in the Lower Russian River Watershed: 1992-2017”