Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsMay is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, a celebration of Asians and Pacific Islanders who live in the United States.Read “Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month!”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Sophie Flott ’22 awarded Fulbright Teaching Assistantship in Germany”
Carthage senior Sophie Flott ’22 has been awarded a prestigious Fulbright Teaching Assistantship to spend a year teaching in northern Germany after graduation.
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “J-Term Info Session: History, Biodiversity, and Environment in Southeast Asia TODAY”
Discover unique biodiversity, mangroves, temples, tea farms, East Asian culture and history, and delicious cuisine while studying in Taiwan! Learn more about the study tour in an info session.
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Carthage students win at Japanese Speech and Recitation Contest”
Japanese students of Carthage won prizes at the Annual Japanese Speech and Recitation Contest on March 4.
- In the final week of the fall semester, 22 students who took the Chinese and Japanese Culture Through Calligraphy course presented their final calligraphy pieces in class.Read “Students present their final Chinese and Japanese calligraphy pieces”
- The Annual Carthage Japanese Cultural Festival, sponsored by the Modern Languages Department and Asian Studies Program, was successfully held on Nov. 18.Read “The 2021 Carthage Japanese Cultural Festival was a success!”
- The Carthage Japanese program has successfully completed the virtual Japanese Storytelling and Singing Contest with the grant provided by the Japan Foundation, Los Angeles (JFLA).Read “Congratulations to the Japanese Storytelling and Singing Contest winners!”