Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “The Office of Performing and Visual Arts is hiring”
The Office of Performing and Visual Arts is looking to fill positions for the 2022-23 season. Apply now on Handshake.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Acclaimed jazz artist GT Allen visits Carthage”
Acclaimed jazz artist GT Allen visited Carthage this week for a residency with the students in the graduate program in music theatre vocal pedagogy.
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Music Theatre Workshop presents ‘Life is a Highway’ TODAY”
The show will include all the songs you love to sing on the road — from head bangers to guilty pleasures and beyond!
- The Bridge: Arts
Celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday: See the English Players perform scenes from ‘As You Like It’ TODAYRead “Celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday: See the English Players perform scenes from ‘As You Like It’ TODAY”
Please join us in celebrating (belatedly) William Shakespeare’s birthday by watching the English Players preform scenes from “As You Like It.”
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “CANCELED: ‘Something Rotten!’ Thursday through Saturday”
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Carthage Theatre Department has made the difficult decision to cancel the performances of “Something Rotten!” scheduled for May 5-7.
- The Bridge: News for Students,Top StoriesHere’s a look at what’s happening on campus this weekend! For a full list of events, check out our online calendar.Read “This weekend at Carthage: May Madness, Carthage Con, and more!”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “The Business of Art: Exploring Opportunities in Arts Administration Thursday”
Join us at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 28, in the Todd Wehr Center 128 A and B for free dinner and conversations about exploring career paths.
- The Bridge: ArtsThe Carthage Music Department and Music Theatre Program invite students to audition for the musical “Hair.”Read “Audition notice: Sign up to audition for the fall 2022 production of ‘Hair’”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Carthage students compete in Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes”
Uprising, a contemporary a cappella septet composed primarily of Carthage students, competed at the 38th Annual Chicago Harmony Sweepstakes.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Watch Chloe Hilby ’23 perform her student recital TODAY”
Chloe Hilby ’23 will perform her student recital “A Night of (Mostly) Duets” at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 14, in the H. F. Johnson Recital Hall.
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “SOLD OUT: ‘Little Women’ is playing TODAY and tomorrow!”
This timeless story is about finding your voice and will remind you that “sometimes when you dream, your dreams come true.”
- The Bridge: ArtsRead “Music Theatre Workshop presents ‘The Last Five Years’ this weekend”
“The Last Five Years” heartbreakingly and richly explores the complexities of falling in and out of love, and how sometimes “goodbye” is not a choice, but a necessity.
- Community,Student Achievements,Top StoriesCarthage students shined at The Kennedy Center American College Theater Region III Festival.Read “Carthage students win big at Kennedy Center Theater Festival”
- Academics,Community,Innovation,Research,Stories of Impact,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOscars. Emmys. Obies. Jeffs. Golden Globes. Our New Play Initiative playwrights have them. They also work with Carthage students to create new, original plays every year.Read “Carthage’s unique theatre program: New Play Initiative”