Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: News for StudentsCarthage students are invited to attend Healthcare Careers Day from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the University of Wisconsin–Parkside. Transportation will be provided through The Aspire Center.Read “Attend Healthcare Careers Day Oct. 19: Register now”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsJoin Carthage Association of Nursing Students (CANS) in a campus-wide bags tournament to help raise money to purchase children’s books for our local low-income schools!Read “Campus-wide bags tournament Oct. 8: Help CANS buy books for low-income schools”
- Community,Events,InnovationThe Carthage Theatre Department presents “Frontline,” a verbatim play based on interviews with frontline healthcare workers across the country and created by the 2022 Carthage Verbatim Theatre class.Read “‘Frontline’: Real-life stories about frontline healthcare workers”
- Academics,Community,InnovationThis year, the Carthage nursing program has expanded its reach with a series of professional development events that prepare students for their future careers.Read “Professional Identity Program prepares nursing students for the future”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsPlease join us in honoring the Nursing Class of 2024 during a White Coat Ceremony at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1, in A. F. Siebert Chapel.Read “Nursing Class of 2024 White Coat Ceremony Saturday”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsLearn about upcoming events, meet the new pre-health career specialist, and get answers to your questions. This event is for returning students only.Read “Virtual Pre-Health Information Sessions for returning students Sept. 12-13”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsWill we discuss the common majors and their associated opportunities for pre-health students as they prepare for their future healthcare careers. These sessions are for first-year students only.Read “First-year students: Attend a virtual Pre-Health Information Session Thursday”
- The Bridge: KudosProfessor Janet Levey gave a podium presentation at the 2022 Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress on July 22 in Edinburgh, Scotland.Read “Prof. Janet Levey presents at Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Nursing program receives grant to fund interprofessional education curriculum”
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program has received a $50,000 grant from the Frank I. and Irene List Saemann Foundation that will assist in launching interprofessional education.
- The Bridge: Campus NewsClass of 2022 nursing students were recognized for the successful completion of the Nursing Program and admission to the nursing profession during a Pinning Ceremony on May 7.Read “Class of 2022 nursing students honored at Nurse Pinning Ceremony”
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Support Carthage nursing students: Attend the Celebrate Nursing Event TODAY”
The Celebrate Nursing Event is our second annual scholarship fundraiser for nursing students. Get tickets now!
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Alice Blake ’22 aims to make a difference in the lives of ICU patients”
Alice Blake’s senior capstone project is focused on using the published evidence to decrease central line infections for patients in the intensive care unit.
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesCarthage released a video recording of “Frontline,” an original play drawn directly from the words of front-line health care workers during the pandemic.Read “VIDEO PREMIERE: Carthage theatre project shows COVID through health care workers’ eyes”
- The Bridge: KudosProf. Janet Levey’s abstract was accepted for a podium presentation at the Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress in Edinburgh, Scotland.Read “Prof. Janet Levey’s abstract to be presented at Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress”
- Faculty & Staff Accolades,Top Stories2022 is the Year of the Nurse Educator! To celebrate, we’re highlighting Carthage’s amazing nursing faculty and asking them why they chose to be the educators of the next generation of nurses.Read “2022: As we celebrate the Year of the Nurse Educator, meet our nursing faculty”