Recent News Stories
- Top StoriesClass of 2022 nursing students were recognized for the successful completion of the Nursing Program and admission to the nursing profession during a Pinning Ceremony on May 7.Read “Class of 2022 nursing students honored at Nurse Pinning Ceremony”
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Support Carthage nursing students: Attend the Celebrate Nursing Event TODAY”
The Celebrate Nursing Event is our second annual scholarship fundraiser for nursing students. Get tickets now!
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Alice Blake ’22 aims to make a difference in the lives of ICU patients”
Alice Blake’s senior capstone project is focused on using the published evidence to decrease central line infections for patients in the intensive care unit.
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesCarthage released a video recording of “Frontline,” an original play drawn directly from the words of front-line health care workers during the pandemic.Read “VIDEO PREMIERE: Carthage theatre project shows COVID through health care workers’ eyes”
- Academics,Community,InnovationThis year, the Carthage nursing program has expanded its reach with a series of professional development events that prepare students for their future careers.Read “Professional Identity Program prepares nursing students for the future”
- The Bridge: KudosProf. Janet Levey’s abstract was accepted for a podium presentation at the Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress in Edinburgh, Scotland.Read “Prof. Janet Levey’s abstract to be presented at Sigma Theta Tau International Research Congress”
- Faculty & Staff Accolades,Top Stories2022 is the Year of the Nurse Educator! To celebrate, we’re highlighting Carthage’s amazing nursing faculty and asking them why they chose to be the educators of the next generation of nurses.Read “2022: As we celebrate the Year of the Nurse Educator, meet our nursing faculty”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Prof. Nancy Reese selected for AACN Advancing Academic Leadership for New Deans program”
Professor Nancy Reese, director of nursing, was selected to participate in the AACN Advancing Academic Leadership for New Deans program!
- The Bridge: KudosThe Carthage Nursing Program would like to recognize the work of senior nursing students and their help assisting the Racine Fire Bells.Read “Nursing students support the Racine Fire Bells”
- Prof. Janet Levey’s Improving Health Outcomes of Population clinical group had an opportunity to provide community health teaching and screening services to vulnerable populationsRead “Nursing students provide health teaching and screening services at Wisconsin schools”
- Jenna Schmalfeldt ’22 coordinated a Coat, Mitten, and Hat Drive for West Allis Central High School as her service learning health initiative.Read “Jenna Schmalfeldt ’22 coordinated a Coat, Mitten, and Hat Drive for West Allis Central High School”
- Students in Prof. Janet Levey’s Nursing Practice V clinical course conducted health screenings and teachings for three groups of West Allis Central High School (WACHS) students.Read “Nursing students conduct health screenings and present to West Allis Central High School students”
- Carthage’s Nursing Class of 2023 was recognized at the fifth annual White Coat Ceremony over the weekend!Read “Class of 2023 White Coat Ceremony: View photos!”