Careers in Health Care
Diverse and Dynamic Options
Students considering careers in the health-related fields might pursue the following practices:
- Medical physician
- Physician scientist
- Physical therapist
- Athletic trainer
- Occupational therapist
- Medical technologist
- Osteopathic physician
- Laboratory technician
- Biomedical researcher
- Health educator
- Acupuncturist / herbalist
- Physician assistant
- Nurse or nurse assistant
After Carthage, students have pursued:
- Medical training (M.D.) at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, and Loyola University, among others.
- Medical training (D.O.) at Midwestern University, Des Moines University, and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, among others.
- Biomedical research (Ph.D.) at the University of Wisconsin, University of Texas, and Yale University, among others.
- Physician Assistant training (PA) at Midwestern University and A. T. Still University, among others.
- Pharmacy training (Pharm.D.) at the University of Wisconsin, Concordia University and University of Minnesota, among others.
- Veterinary training (D.V.M.) at the University of Illinois, among others.
- Dentistry training (D.D.S.) at the University of Illinois and Marquette University, among others.
Occupational therapy (M.S.O.T.) at Washington University and Rush University, among others.