Careers in Health Care
Diverse and Dynamic Options
Students considering careers in the health-related fields might pursue the following practices:
- Medical physician
- Physician scientist
- Physical therapist
- Athletic trainer
- Occupational therapist
- Medical technologist
- Osteopathic physician
- Laboratory technician
- Biomedical researcher
- Health educator
- Acupuncturist / herbalist
- Physician assistant
- Nurse or nurse assistant
After Carthage, students have pursued:
- Medical training (M.D.) at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, and Loyola University, among others.
- Medical training (D.O.) at Midwestern University, Des Moines University, and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, among others.
- Biomedical research (Ph.D.) at the University of Wisconsin, University of Texas, and Yale University, among others.
- Physician Assistant training (PA) at Midwestern University and A. T. Still University, among others.
- Pharmacy training (Pharm.D.) at the University of Wisconsin, Concordia University and University of Minnesota, among others.
- Veterinary training (D.V.M.) at the University of Illinois, among others.
- Dentistry training (D.D.S.) at the University of Illinois and Marquette University, among others.
Occupational therapy (M.S.O.T.) at Washington University and Rush University, among others.
Visit The Aspire Center for more information on careers after Carthage.