Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus NewsEvery fall, people around the world gather to honor the legacy of magician, mathematician, skeptic, puzzler, Lewis Carroll scholar, and science writer, Martin Gardner. This year’s Celebration of Mind will take on a new form: “Martin’s Amazing Race!”Read “Attend the 7th Annual Celebration of Mind Saturday”
- The Bridge: Lectures & Presentations8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.What you can do with a BA in psychology? What grad schools should you attend? Get tips and tricks for navigating the future with your degree!Read “Psychology majors: Explore your future during a virtual info session TODAY”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsCarthage students are invited to attend Healthcare Careers Day from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the University of Wisconsin–Parkside. Transportation will be provided through The Aspire Center.Read “Attend Healthcare Careers Day Wednesday: Register now”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Read the October Pre-Health Advising Newsletter”
The purpose of the Pre-Health Advising Newsletter is to inform Carthage students, staff, and alumni about events, programs, research, and news related to pre-health interests and issues.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsThe Psychological Science Department and Psi Chi Honor Society are pleased to offer a virtual presentation by Andrew Onimus, “Changing Minds: Stories Over Stigma.”Read “Attend a virtual presentation about overcoming mental health challenges TODAY”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsThe Psychological Science Department is hosting an ice cream social event for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) students interested in psychology.Read “Psychological Science BIPOC Ice Cream Social TODAY!”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsLearn about upcoming events, meet the new pre-health career specialist, and get answers to your questions. This event is for returning students only.Read “Virtual Pre-Health Information Sessions for returning students Sept. 12-13”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsWill we discuss the common majors and their associated opportunities for pre-health students as they prepare for their future healthcare careers. These sessions are for first-year students only.Read “First-year students: Attend a virtual Pre-Health Information Session Thursday”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Psychological Science Department faculty spend summer pursuing scholarship”
Faculty in the Psychological Science Department spent the summer traveling around the world, presenting their research, and establishing new collaborations.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Get a $5 gift card: Participate in a study on reading and perceptions of other people”
We are looking for student volunteers to participate in our study investigating reading and empathy.
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Announcing the Mental Health Advocate Award recipients”
The Health and Counseling Center is proud to announce sophomore Taylor Woitesek ’24 and Dennis Munk, professor of psychological science and education, as winners of this year’s Mental Health Advocate Award.
- The Bridge: KudosAlyssa Rodway ’22 was able to use a grant from Carthage’s Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Committee to help propel her thesis to the next level.Read “Alyssa Rodway ’22 uses Carthage research grant to enhance study on environmental attitudes”