News from Religion
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsThis faculty panel explores the reasons why nations sanction collective violence.Read “‘Witnessing Holy Wars’: A faculty panel exploring why nations sanction collective violence Tuesday”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsJoin us for Interfaith Lunch Thursday, Nov. 3, in the Ehrler Hospitality Center (A. F. Siebert Chapel). Free lunch is available at 11:30 a.m., with our program to follow at 11:45 a.m.Read “Interfaith Lunch welcomes Fr. Michael Calabria TODAY”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “‘Islamic Architecture of Grief: Foundations of Faith’ TODAY”
The Carthage community is invited to attend “Islamic Architecture of Grief: Foundations of Faith” with Fr. Michael Calabria (St. Bonaventure University).
- The Bridge: Campus NewsYom Kippur begins at sunset Tuesday, Oct. 4 and ends after sunset Wednesday, Oct. 5.Read “Learn about the Jewish Day of Atonement: Yom Kippur 2022 (5783 Jewish year)”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Join the Religion Department for a pizza party Tuesday”
Join the Religion Department for a free lunch on Tuesday, Sept. 27, in Lentz Hall, room 337.
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRosh Hashanah, otherwise known as the Jewish New Year, begins this year on the evening of Sunday, Sept. 25 and ends on the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 27.Read “Learn about the Jewish High Holy Holiday: Rosh Hashanah”
- Academics,Student Achievements,Top StoriesOur graduates always have big plans — many of which were in place well before their commencement. Meet members of the Class of 2022 who were hired for full-time positions before they even graduated.Read “Hired Before Graduation: Carthage graduates share their plans”
- The Bridge: KudosAbout forty-five Carthage students participated in an iftar (breaking of the fast) dinner organized by the Niagara Foundation at the Turkish American Society of Chicago.Read “Students learn about Ramadan at iftar dinner in Chicago”
- The Bridge: News for StudentsEveryone is invited to an Iftar dinner hosted by the Muslim Society Awareness/Association at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, at the Ehrler Hospitality Center in A. F. Siebert Chapel!Read “Muslim Society Awareness/Association invites students to Iftar Dinner tomorrow”
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsThe Religion Department and Peace Catalyst International invites the campus community to the film screening and discussion of “Accidental Courtesy.”Read “Movie and Discussion: See ‘Accidental Courtesy’ TODAY”
- The Bridge: Campus NewsRead “Ramadan Mubarak: Wishing a blessed Ramadan to all”
Learn about Ramadan, which started on Saturday, April 2.