Carthage’s sport business minor allows students to grow as sport business professionals. With coursework focused on experiential learning, unique access to professionals in the industry, and discussion of methodologies and topics specific to sport business, students are well-equipped to engage with sports organizations at various levels and in various contexts.
To earn a degree from Carthage, students must complete the Carthage Core, Distribution Requirements, their major requirements, and the sport business minor requirements listed below. Any student may earn a sport business minor.
Sport Business Minor
Required Courses (24 credits)
- MGT 1050 Principles of Sport Business (4 credits)
- MGT 2500 Sport Business Development & Operations (4 credits)
- CDM 2900 Sport Media (4 credits)
- MGT 3500 Sport Law (4 credits)
- MGT 3900 Sport Organization History & Social Impact (4 credits)
- MGT 4200 Advanced Topics & CASE Development in Sport (4 credits)
Current students: You should follow the official College Catalog from the year you entered Carthage and work with your advisors to ensure all requirements are met.