Recent News Stories
- The Bridge: News for StudentsCome learn about the WMG Program and discuss “Barbie” the movie through the lenses of race, gender, and LGBTQ+ issues.Read “Barbie, Pizza, and Women’s and Gender Studies Oct. 11”
Past News Stories
- The Bridge: Campus News,The Bridge: News for Faculty & Staff,The Bridge: News for StudentsMeet members of the Class of 2023 who were hired for full-time positions or accepted to graduate school.Read “Hired Before Graduation: 2023 Carthage graduates share their plans”
- The Bridge: KudosRead “Sydney Anderson ’23 and Kayla Raye ’23 honored with 2023 Judith Schaumberg Award”
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program awards two graduating seniors with the Judith Schaumberg Award.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsRead “Screening and Discussion: ‘Afrykas and The Magic Box’ this weekend”
Documentary filmmaker, Isabel Rivero-Vilà, a former professor in Carthage’s Modern Languages Department, will screen and discuss her documentary, “Afrykas and The Magic Box.” The film explores the world of filmmaking in Senegal.
- The Bridge: News for StudentsRead “Paint empowerment rocks to celebrate Women’s History Month Thursday”
Come celebrate Women’s History Month by painting empowerment symbols on rocks.
- The Bridge: Lectures & PresentationsThis Carthage faculty panel analyzes the worth of women to institutions that engender sexuality, development, history, and gaslighting.Read “Attend the faculty panel discussion ‘A Woman’s Worth’ Thursday”