Master of Science in Business - Design & Innovation
At A Glance
More targeted than an MBA program, Carthage’s Master of Science in Business — Design and Innovation program was built with input from top industry leaders in business. Learn from instructors with industry expertise, and graduate with skills that align with hiring needs. This 10-month master’s degree program can be completed in person or online and culminates with an intensive 10-day capstone experience in Barcelona, Spain.
- Master of Science in Business (MSc) — Design & Innovation
Earn your master’s degree in 10 months
- <div class="text-with-stat__stat"><div class="text-with-stat__stat-inner"><strong class="text-with-stat__stat-number">10</strong><span class="text-with-stat__stat-text"><p> months to your master’s degree</p></span></div></div>
Design is a creative approach to solving complex problems. Business executives find design increasingly valuable, yet the strategies can be applied to just about any field.
Our Business Design and Innovation (BDI) sequence is modeled on award-winning programs at universities such as Gothenburg (Sweden), Aix-Marseille (France), North Carolina State, and Case Western Reserve (Cleveland). Learn from expert faculty and visiting scholars who bring years of professional experience.
BDI prepares graduates to…
- Lead and manage high-performing cross-functional teams.
- Design innovative solutions.
- Develop effective strategies and programs for private, nonprofit, and government sectors.
Virtual and in-person classes available
Carthage’s BDI program is delivered cohort-style, and allows students to earn their master’s degree in just 10 months:
- August-December: 6 foundational courses
- August-May: 8 intensive weekend courses
- January: Experiential Learning
- February-April: 5 Business Design and Innovation courses
- May: Capstone Project
Weekday classes are held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays both in-person and online to offer flexibility around work and family life.
Over these 10 months, students participate in eight intensive weekend courses. These weekend courses will feature visiting scholars and guest lecturers including Carthage faculty and other prominent local, regional, national, and international experts across sectors and industries engaged in design, innovation, and sustainability work and research.
Learn more about admission and financial aid
Anyone with a bachelor’s degree, regardless of major, can apply. The 39-credit program can be completed in 10 months.
For more information about this program, email John Frese at firstname.lastname@example.org.