Master of Education
At A Glance
The Master of Education program at Carthage fosters intellectual and professional learning opportunities within the context of a liberal arts education. Classes enable teachers to keep abreast of current issues relating to education such as special education, English learners, curricula, administration, and sports leadership in education.
- Master of Education
Earn your Master of Education Degree at Carthage
Carthage offers a 38-44 credit Master of Education graduate program with eight specialized concentrations, including Curriculum and Instruction, Curriculum and Instruction with Reading License #316, Teacher Leadership, Teacher Leadership with Reading License #17, Educational Administration (K-12) with License #51, English as a Second Language with License #1395, and Bilingual with License #1023.
In addition to these concentrations, Carthage offers the following advanced licenses:
- Cross-Categorical Special Education License (801)
- English as a Second Language (ESL License 1395)
- Bilingual (Bilingual License 1023)
- Reading Licenses (316 and 17)
All courses meet Wisconsin teacher licensure requirements in selected areas and carry Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction program approval. For more information about the Master of Education degree and the recently revised Accelerated Certification Program, please see the Course Catalog.
Carthage offers numerous community partnerships providing tuition discounts. Current partners include:
- All Saints Catholic School
- Brighton School District
- Bristol School District #1
- Burlington Area School District
- Kansasville Grade School/Dover #1 School District
- Kenosha Unified School District
- Our Lady of Grace Academy
- Paris Consolidated School District
- Racine Lutheran High School
- Racine Unified School District
- Shoreland Lutheran High School
- Siena Catholic Schools of Racine/St. Catherine’s
- St. Joseph Catholic Academy
- The Prairie School
- 21st Century Preparatory School
Questions about these community partnerships? Don’t see your district/school listed? Contact Bill Weir, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at email@example.com or 262-551-6640.
Accelerated Certification for Teachers & Master of Education (ACT/MED)
Carthage also offers an Accelerated Certification for Teachers and Master of Education program, or ACT/MED, which helps those who already hold a bachelor’s degree and want to become licensed teachers in Wisconsin.