Cross-Categorical Special Education
The Cross-Categorical Special Education License #801 leads licensed teachers to certification in special education.
All courses are 4 credits unless otherwise noted.
* Candidates must hold a valid Wisconsin teaching license.
Cross-Categorical Special Education Requirements
- EDU 5450 Characteristics and Assessment of Learners with Exceptionalities (3 credits)
- EDU 5451 Academic and Behavioral Interventions for Learners with Exceptionalities (Elementary) (3 credits)
- EDU 5452 Academic and Behavioral Interventions for Learners with Exceptionalities (Secondary) (3 credits)
- EDU 5453 Instructional and Assistive Technology for Learners with Exceptionalities (2 credits)
- EDU 5454 Collaboration with Parents and Professionals (3 credits)
- EDU 5090 Conflict Resolution (3 credits)
- EDU 5901 Student Teaching (Add-On License) (3 credits)