The Sports Leadership in Education M.Ed. program was designed for those involved in or interested in coaching and athletics in school settings. This accelerated, hybrid concentration offers a unique internship, custom-designed to meet a student’s sport leadership interests.
This concentration is a sports-appropriate, challenging, and time-manageable M.Ed. track. The leadership concentration was designed to fully prepare students for sports education-related careers.
All courses are 4 credits unless otherwise noted.
Sports Leadership in Education Requirements (38-40 credits)
M.ED. CORE CLASSES (12 CREDITS):
All M.Ed. candidates are required to take the following:
- EDU 5060 Foundations of Education (4 credits)
- EDU 5240 Qualitative Methods in Educational Research (4 credits)
- EDU 5250 Quantitative Methods in Educational Research (4 credits)
- EDU 5990 Master’s Degree Capstone Completion (0 credits)
ALL STUDENTS MUST CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING (2-4 CREDITS):
- EDU 5550 Master’s Degree Capstone Experience (4 credits)
- EDU 5950 Master’s Comprehensive Exam (2 credits)
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED COURSES (24 CREDITS)
- EDU 5050 Leadership in Sport (4 credits)
- EDU 5070 Advanced Techniques in Coaching Psychology (4 credits)
- EDU 5000 School Law (4 credits)
- EDU 5090 Conflict Resolution (4 credits)
- EDU 5030 Evidence-Based Decision-Making (4 credits)
- EDU 5530 Sports Education Leadership Internship (4 credits)
- EXS 5120* Advanced Principles of Training and Conditioning *optional, offered only as a winter/J-Term course (4 credits)