International Students: Admissions Process
Admission procedures for international students include verification of the applicant’s academic ability, English language proficiency, and financial support in order to issue a Form I-20. Form I-20 is required for applying for an F1 Visa. Carthage will only consider a student for admission when all items listed below have been received.
- Submit the Carthage application for admission.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of U.S. $40 with your application for admission to Carthage. The preferred method of payment is by credit card.
- Submit all official transcripts, certificates, and diplomas from your secondary school program and any previous university that you have attended. Transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Carthage from the institution.
- Submit official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic scores. For TOEFL, a minimum score of 78 is required for the iBT, and 213 on the computer version. The minimum score for IELTS is 6.0. The minimum score for PTE Academic is 50. Scores must be sent directly to Carthage from the testing agency. (Carthage offers Conditional Acceptance for students who meet our admission requirements but require additional English preparation prior to enrolling. The College has a formal agreement with ELS Language Center in Milwaukee and will work with other language providers as necessary.)
- SAT-I scores are optional but encouraged for international students. International students who submit SAT-I scores receive additional scholarship consideration. A list of SAT-I testing sites and dates can be found on the College Board website.
- Submit the certification of finances form. All monetary amounts listed on the certification of finances form must be certified by bank officials. If you have a financial sponsor, that person must submit the sponsor statement.
- Perform an audition if you are applying for music or music theatre.
- Once the above items are received, students will be considered for admission and scholarships.
- Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- If you are applying for need-based financial aid, see International Costs & Scholarships for the steps to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact Mallory Madson, Carthage International Student Coordinator, at email@example.com