Your guide to transferring to Carthage

Ready to transfer to Carthage? Here’s an easy four-step guide to take you from application, to credit evaluation, to scholarships and financial aid.

Apply to Carthage by submitting the following:

  • A completed standard application or Carthage’s online application.
  • Official transcripts from each college/university attended
  • Non-refundable application fee of $35
  • Certification of Good Standing Form This form should be completed by your last college/school you attended.
  • If you have fewer than 12 transferable college credit hours, then you also need to submit official high school transcripts.
  • International students must provide a TOEFL score and a transcript evaluation from an agency such as World Education Services, as well as a non-refundable application fee of $40.

Once you are admitted to Carthage, the Office of the Registrar will complete a credit evaluation of general education requirements and major requirements. This will be an official report of those credits accepted by Carthage, and an outline of credits necessary to complete your chosen course of study. Evaluations may be requested without having submitted an application. Students who have completed an AA or AS degree from an accredited institution will have met all general education requirements at Carthage.

Curious about what classes will transfer to Carthage before you complete the application process? Log in to Transferology to see how your classes will transfer.

You can also use our Transfer Equivalency Portal to see how your credit fits into our degree requirements. Please note the transfer guides in the portal are subject to change. 

Our transfer admissions coordinators will provide you with individual admissions counseling. In addition, they will set up on-campus visits, academic advising appointments, and act as your financial aid liaison.

Students transferring from an Illinois college or university and/or with a spring semester start:

Contact Bill Weir, director of admissions and financial aid, at or 262-551-6640.

Students transferring from a non-Illinois college or university with a fall semester start:

Contact John Frese ’11, director of admissions and financial aid, at or 262-551-5981.

To obtain financial aid, you’ll need to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include the Carthage institutional code: 003839.

If you enroll as a full-time student, you may qualify for several merit and talent based scholarships ranging from $8,000 to $18,000 per year. Many of these no-need Carthage scholarships are awarded immediately upon admission to the College. The Spring Scholarship and Fall Transfer Scholarship competitions award scholarships on a competitive basis.