Carthage awards one full-tuition scholarship and one 75%-tuition scholarship (renewable for up to three years) to new incoming spring students who show determination, intelligence and motivation.
- One full-tuition scholarship and one 75% tuition scholarship.
- Renewable for up to 3 years.
- Qualified competitors will receive a minimum $1,000 grant toward tuition.
- The competition includes a 20-minute interview and a 50-minute impromptu essay.
- Information sessions will be provided on Carthage academics and student life.
Who is eligible?
- New full-time, degree-seeking freshmen and transfer students admitted to Carthage for Spring 2020. Not yet admitted? Apply online for admission to Carthage. (New full-time student teachers and new full-time social work students completing field placement are not eligible for this competition.)
- Have at least 12 transferable credits at an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 2.75.
- Students with fewer than 12 transferable credits need to have a 3.0+ on a 4.0 scale cumulative high school GPA and a 22+ ACT composite (1100 R+M SAT composite).
When are applications due?
The application deadline for the 2020 Spring Scholarship is Friday, November 15, 2019. An invite-only on-campus competition will be held on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
How do I apply for the Spring Scholarship?
You must be admitted to Carthage to be eligible for the Spring Scholarship Competition.
Haven’t applied for admission yet? Apply online for admission.