Carthage awards eight full-tuition scholarships to City of Kenosha residents. These scholarships are worth more than $125,000 each, making Carthage quite affordable. The eight scholarships include:
- Four Kenosha Oaks scholarships
- The Joseph F. Andrea Kenosha Scholarship
- The John Antaramian Kenosha Scholarship
- The Mary Lou Mahone Kenosha Scholarship
- The Laura M. Kaeppeler ’10 Scholarship Fund
The Kenosha Scholarships recognize the City of Kenosha’s agreement to lease land to the College for residence halls and parking.
The Kenosha Scholarship Competition takes place in January 2023. Both on-campus and remote options will be offered. During the competition, prospective Kenosha Scholars invited to this second round of competition will complete an essay and have a conversation with Carthage faculty/staff.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in the Kenosha Scholarship Competition must complete the following no later than December 3:
- Submit an application for admission to Carthage and supporting materials (high school transcripts).
- Submit the Kenosha Scholarship Application.
- Submit a 250-word essay: Evaluate how a significant experience or achievement in your life has helped shape who you are today. (This is part of the online scholarship application.)
- Submit a list of all high school and community organizations and activities (including work) in which you have participated. (This is part of the online scholarship application.)
The Office of Admissions will review your application and high school grades. Qualified applicants will be notified in late December 2022.
The Carthage commitment to scholars extends beyond the Kenosha. Top students typically receive a substantial package of multiple non-need-based awards.
The Kenosha Scholarships incorporate all Carthage assistance. Scholarships and grants may be combined with federal and state grants, not to exceed full tuition. Scholarship amounts listed above are for students starting classes at Carthage in fall 2023 or later. Carthage also offers additional scholarships. See our scholarship page for details.