Are you considering a major or minor in music, or want music to be part of your college experience? Attend our Music Visit Day on Friday, Dec. 1, and discover how you can be a part of Carthage’s rich musical tradition.
Our Music Visit Day goes beyond a campus tour. The day is tailored to exploring all the opportunities available to music students: learn about our ensembles, sit in on a music class, take a private lesson, and audition for a music scholarship!
Music Visit Day Schedule
Friday, Dec. 1
- 9:30-10 a.m. — Check-in
- 10 a.m. — Admissions presentation and music information session
- 11 a.m. — Complimentary lunch in The Caf
- Noon — Guided campus tour with a current Carthage student
- 1:35 p.m. — Observe Music History class (students only)
- 2:50-3:30 p.m. — Financial Aid Workshop (parents/guests)
- 2:50-5 p.m. — Optional Music Events: Music Theatre Workshop, Opera Workshop, woodwind quintet rehearsal, sample private lesson, and/or music scholarship auditions.
- 5 p.m. — Dinner in The Caf (optional)
- 6:15 p.m. — Carthage Choir rehearsal (optional)
- The RSVP date has passed for the Music Visit Day. If you have questions about the visit, please contact the Office of Admissions at 262-551-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional Music Visit Day Auditions
Carthage holds music auditions for interested majors, minors and non-music majors in February. This audition is for entrance into the music program, as well as scholarship consideration with awards ranging from $500 to $13,000 (renewable annually). By attending the Dec. 1 Music Visit Day, students have the opportunity to audition early! All vocalists and instrumentalists can participate in the early auditions (music theatre auditions are only available in February).