Planning a visit to Carthage? Rest assured you won’t go hungry. On campus, enjoy bagels, smoothies, Starbucks, salads, wings, and much more. Off campus, enjoy legendary fare in well-known restaurants in Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, and Chicago. This area is known for Chicago-style pizza, Danish kringle, Friday night fish fry, frozen custard, and plenty of other culinary treats.
On-campus dining options
Carthage offers a wide range of dining options on campus, including:
- The Cafeteria, better known as “The Caf” — Todd Wehr Center
- Baja Fresh — Student Union
- Einstein Bagels — Donna’s Bytes, Hedberg Library
- Red Zone (convenience store) — Student Union
- Starbucks — A.W. Clausen Center for World Business
- Sub Connection — Student Union
- W.O.W. Cafe & Wingery — Student Union
Various on-campus dining options are available until midnight, with some options available until 3 a.m. Choices are available for those with dietary restrictions.
Off-campus dining options
Within a short drive from the Carthage campus, hungry visitors can find restaurants of any style to suit their taste buds. Looking for a truly local experience? Check out these hot spots:
- Waterfront Warehouse and La Fogata are close to campus and favorites with faculty, staff, and students.
- Grab’s Burger Bar, also close to campus, for burgers and speciality shakes.
- Franks Diner in Kenosha was featured on the Food Network show “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.”
- Kewpee Lunch in Racine is a legendary burger joint.
- Tenuta’s Deli in Kenosha is an authentic Italian delicatessen with outdoor seating in warmer months.
For snacks, it’s hard to go wrong with these favorites:
- Mars Cheese Castle along I-94 in Kenosha has a large selection of cheeses.
- O&H Danish Bakery and other Racine bakers offer world-famous kringle.
The area also offers national chains such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Cracker Barrel, Dairy Queen, IHOP, Noodles & Company, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, and Qdoba Mexican Grill.