Planning a visit to Carthage? You can rest assured you won’t go hungry. On campus, enjoy bagels, smoothies, Starbucks and Seattle’s Best coffee, frozen yogurt, salads, wings, and much more. Off campus, enjoy legendary fare in well-known restaurants in Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, and Chicago. This area is known for Chicago-style pizza, Danish kringle, Friday night fish fry, frozen custard, and plenty of other culinary treats.
On-campus dining options
Carthage offers a wide range of dining options on campus, including:
- The Cafeteria, better known as “The Caf” — Todd Wehr Center
- Baja Fresh — Student Union
- Einstein Bagels — Donna’s Bytes, Hedberg Library
- Freshens Smoothie Company — Donna’s Bytes, Hedberg Library
- Red Zone (convenience store) — Student Union
- Seattle’s Best Coffee — Student Union
- Starbucks — A.W. Clausen Center for World Business
- Sub Connection — Student Union
- W.O.W. Cafe & Wingery — Student Union
Various on-campus dining options are available until midnight, with some options available until 3 a.m.. Choices are available for those with dietary restrictions.
Off-campus dining options
Within a short drive from the Carthage campus, hungry visitors can find restaurants of any style to suit their taste buds. Looking for a truly local experience? Check out these hot spots:
- Waterfront Warehouse and La Fogata are close to campus and favorites with faculty, staff, and students.
- Grab’s Burger Bar, also close to campus, for burgers and speciality shakes.
- Franks Diner in Kenosha was featured on the Food Network show “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.”
- Kewpee Lunch in Racine is a legendary burger joint.
- Mangia Trattoria in Kenosha specializes in pizza from its wood-burning oven.
- Tenuta’s Deli in Kenosha is an authentic Italian delicatessen with outdoor seating in warmer months.
For snacks, it’s hard to go wrong with these favorites:
- Mars Cheese Castle along I-94 in Kenosha has a large selection of cheeses.
- O&H Danish Bakery and other Racine bakers offer world-famous kringle.
The area also offers national chains such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Cracker Barrel, Dairy Queen, IHOP, Noodles & Company, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, and Qdoba Mexican Grill.