The Carthage campus is located on the northeast side of Kenosha, Wisconsin, along the Lake Michigan shoreline. Whether traveling north from Chicago (I-94 West) or south from Milwaukee (I-94 East), follow one of the routes below.
Note: I-94 road construction taking place summer through late fall impacts several interstate exits when traveling to campus from the north. We recommend the following routes when traveling to campus:
Route 1 — From the South, City Drive
- Take I-94 and exit at Highway 50 (Exit #344).
- Travel east for 6.4 miles on Highway 50 (75th Street) to Highway 32 (Sheridan Road).
- Turn left on Highway 32 and travel north for approximately 4.1 miles. The campus is located on the east side (along Lake Michigan).
Route 2 — From the South, Country Drive
- Take I-94 and follow the Carthage exit signs to Highway E (Exit #339). While this northbound off-ramp is open during construction, the on-ramp to the interstate at this location is closed. You will need to use a different route to return to the interstate after leaving Carthage.
- Travel east for 6.8 miles on Highway E to Highway 32.
- Turn right on Highway 32 and travel south for approximately one mile. The campus is located on the east side (along Lake Michigan).
Route 3 — From the North
- Take I-94 and exit at Highway 142/Highway S (Exit #340).
- Travel east on Highway S for approximately 6.8 miles to Highway 32 (Sheridan Road). The street name of Highway S, which curves but has no 90-degree turns, changes from Burlington Road to 38th Street to Washington Road.
- Turn left on Highway 32 and travel north for approximately two miles. The campus is located on the east side (along Lake Michigan).
There are three entrances into the campus. You may take any of these to visitor parking in South Upper Lot, South Lower Lot, North Lots, or in limited-space-available Admissions-reserved parking in Lentz Lot. See this campus map for parking lot locations.