Is Carthage worth it? It’s a fair question to ask. Choosing where you attend college is a powerful and significant decision, and families across the nation are asking this question right now: Is a four-year education worth the price tag? And is Carthage the right place for you to spend the next four years?
We believe it is.
Carthage combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation so our students uncover and ignite their true potential.
- Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, while our emphasis on real world experiences gives students the opportunity to learn in a professional context.
- Our state-of-the-art campus is a beautiful 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan, ideally located between Milwaukee and Chicago.
- Our vibrant community includes 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 200 part-time students.
- As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we help students develop a strong moral and intellectual compass so they become perceptive, resourceful, and grounded as individuals.
Hear from our faculty
“I know and believe in the value proposition of a liberal arts education and its transformative power in guiding young people into their own aspirations. I have the singular privilege of watching and guiding our students as they become powerful, confident, and self-aware in the short span of four years. I see the value every day.”
— Professor Kevin Crosby, Chair of the Division of Natural Sciences
‘The best college out there’
Hear from our ALUMNI
“Carthage is everything it was promised to be and more. The professors have stimulated me intellectually and challenged me to be the best that I can be. There is not a better college possible for me. Carthage is paving the way for a successful future, and I could not be more grateful for the opportunities that Carthage has allotted to me.”
— Jacelyn Peabody ’15
Look at the facts
- Academic gains in the top 20 percent nationally
- Named a Best Midwestern College, The Princeton Review (2020)
- 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 0 teaching assistants
- Just 17 students in the average class
- No. 3 in the country for student participation in short-term study abroad
- Majors, minors, and concentrations in more than 50 areas of study
- More than $250 million invested in new construction and major renovations in recent years
See for yourself
Visit Carthage and see for yourself the amazing opportunities that Carthage offers.
Schedule a visit