Carthage College is located in the heart of the Milwaukee-Chicago corridor. Take advantage of all that Kenosha, Milwaukee, Chicago, and nearby Racine County have to offer by jumping on a bus, train, or trolley.
DESTINATION: Downtown Kenosha
Carthage students, faculty, and staff can hop on the Kenosha trolley for a free ride to and from downtown Kenosha. The trolley stops on the north end of campus near the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Natural and Social Sciences.
- Schedule: The trolley stops on campus approximately every half hour beginning at 1:45 p.m. and ending at 8:45 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday. The full route to downtown Kenosha concludes at 9:15 p.m.
- Cost: Free for Carthage students, faculty, and staff. Pick up your free trolley ticket at the Red Desk on the fourth floor of Lentz Hall or in the Todd Wehr Center tech office (located at the first left once inside the main TWC entrance). These tickets are to be handed to the trolley driver when you board.
Carthage Parking Lot Shuttle
DESTINATION: 14th Avenue Lot, 35th Street Lot
Most residential students with cars on campus have parking permits for our off-campus lots, the 14th Avenue Lot and the 35th Street Lot. Carthage offers free shuttle service to these lots. The Parking Lot Shuttle stops at the flagpole outside the Todd Wehr Center, and travels in a consistent loop from campus to both parking lots.
See Parking Lot Map
- Schedule: Every 30 minutes during shuttle hours. Please note: The Parking Lot Shuttle does not provide on-call service.
- Cost: Free
Students can now track Carthage shuttle services through Ride Systems, a real-time GPS shuttle- and bus-tracking app. The app allows riders to live-track the College’s parking lot and Metra shuttles with color-coordinated routes and vehicle icons, so they know where the shuttles are and when they will arrive. Riders can also set notifications on their phones using the app to let you know when the shuttles reach a certain location.
Ride Systems is available for both iOS and Android. Download the app, search for “Carthage,” and active shuttles will appear on the map.
Please note: The Parking Lot Shuttle does not provide on-call service.
Carthage Metra Shuttle
DESTINATION: Kenosha Metra Station, and then Chicago
Carthage offers students, faculty, and staff free shuttle service to/from the Kenosha Metra Station, 5414 13th Ave. The Metra train takes passengers to downtown Chicago, with several other stops along the way. The shuttle is available at popular arrival/departure times. Please note: The shuttle does not provide on-call service, and is not available for every Metra arrival/departure time.
- Schedule: See the Metra Shuttle schedule
- Cost: Free
The City of Kenosha No. 4 bus stops on campus regularly Monday-Saturday. The No. 4 bus makes stops at Glenwood Crossings (Pick ‘N’ Save, Walgreens, McDonalds, and other stores/restaurants); Downtown Kenosha; Meier; and more. On campus, the bus stops near the main entrance of the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Natural and Social Sciences.
- Schedule: See the city bus schedule
Wisconsin Coach Lines Bus
DESTINATIONS: MILWAUKEE AIRPORT, milwaukee amtrak, O’HARE AIRPORT IN CHICAGO
Wisconsin Coach Lines offers a bus service to and from: General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, the Amtrak station in Milwaukee, and O’Hare International Airport in Chicago. The bus stops in front of the David A. Straz, Jr. Center on Campus Drive.
- Schedule and cost: See the Wisconsin Coach Lines website
Ride Share Services
DESTINATION: YOUR CALL
Need to catch a ride somewhere that’s not on a bus or shuttle route? Popular ride-share services Uber and Lyft operate in Kenosha.