In addition to individual health and counseling services for students, the Health and Counseling Center offers educational assistance for campus organizations and classes, and consultation with faculty, staff, students, and concerned others.
Location and Hours
The Health and Counseling Center is located in the TARC (N. E. Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center), between the dance studio and fitness center.
The Health and Counseling Center is open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday when classes are in session, though hours may change as our team makes adjustments to meet the needs of the campus community.
In-person health services and teletherapy appointments are now available, and students must call ahead to schedule an appointment. In-person counseling and walk-in health appointments will not be available in fall 2020.
Contact Erin Schabel at 252-551-5710 or email@example.com with any questions regarding referrals, insurance, and new student immunization records.
- Learn more about health services
- Learn more about counseling services
- See victim-survivor support services
Office Manager for Health and Counseling Services
Jennifer Erich, RN — Froedtert South
Lydia Zopf, MS, LPC
Director of Health and Counseling Services
Karen Seif MSW, LCSW
According to state laws regarding confidentiality and privacy, the staff cannot release information about a student without the student’s permission. Thus, the staff will not share a student’s concerns with faculty, staff, other students, or family. Some exceptions to confidentiality exist; please ask the staff to clarify the few conditions.
In counseling, the following exceptions to confidentiality may occur:
- If a client threatens to harm himself/herself.
- If the psychologist or counselor believes that a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another.
- If a judge orders testimony or records are subpoenaed.
- If the psychologist or counselor believes a child (minor) or vulnerable adult (e.g., elderly or disabled person) is being abused.