There are 34 emergency contact phones located on campus. Look for the blue light on top of the phones. Merely touching the large circle on the face of the phone will connect you to the Office of Public Safety dispatcher.
Blue Light Telephone Locations
- At the entrance of each residence hall
- Outside the Tarble Athletic and Recreational Center
- Outside the Campbell Student Union
- Outside the Tarble Arena complex
- Hedberg Library dock at the H. F. Johnson Center for the Fine Arts
- Inside the southeast lower entryway of Tarble Arena
- In the north stairwell of the A. W. Clausen Center for World Business
- In the terrace-level laundry rooms of Madrigrano, Johnson, Denhart and Tarble residence halls
- In the terrace-level laundry rooms of all Oaks buildings
Parking Lot Locations
- The North Parking Lots (formerly Lots C, H, and N)
- The South Upper Parking Lot (formerly Lot I)
- The South Lower Parking Lot (formerly Lot A; there are two blue light telephones in this lot)
- The Pike River Lot (former Lot D)
- Along the circle drive of the Oaks Residential Village
When to use a Blue Light Telephone
Carthage community members are encouraged to use these phones when they:
- Are lost and need directions or information on campus.
- Require assistance to be called for their vehicle.
- Have a medical emergency.
- Desire a ride on the parking lot shuttle during the campus shuttle hours.
- Feel threatened.
- Become a victim of or witness to a crime.
- Wish to report a suspicious activity.