Need help choosing a major? Not sure which career fields might be a good fit for your interests and skills?
The following assessment exercises are helpful tools, but remember: They are not predictors of employment success. Be sure to meet with a career counselor to discuss your career interests. Schedule an appointment by contacting Career Services, 262-551-5959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Focus 2: Focus 2 is a personality assessment utilized to help undecided students explore major and career options. The assessment assists students in exploring their interests, skills, and values. Create your account by using the access code “Carthage” to receive all of the benefits from Focus 2!
- Strong Interest Inventory: Let the Strong Interest Inventory be the next step down your career path. This assessment tool is one of the most widely used inventories in career counseling. Take this assessment online and the results will be sent to Career Services. You will then be prompted to set up an appointment with us to go over your results. Call Career Services at 262-551-5959 for the password.
- The Princeton Review Career Quiz: This 24-question quiz gives possible careers with links to information about those careers.
Personality Assessments and Other Resources
- Keirsey Temperament and Character Sorter: This 70-item questionnaire provides feedback on your personality type and suitable jobs.
- Personality Type: This test uses preferences from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to suggest careers based on your personality type.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Developed by the U.S. Department of Labor, this guide provides employment statistics, job outlook, earnings, required training, working conditions, and related occupations, as well as where to find additional information.
- Princeton Review: Learn more about career titles.