Our mission statement speaks of a community that moves forward together, and it was in that spirit that we moved to virtual instruction in Spring 2020. Now, as we move forward into this new era, the resources below remain available for faculty working to adapt their courses and staff working to support our students as so many circumstances change.
Remote Learning: Resources for Faculty
The Blended and Online Learning Taskforce (BOLT 2.0) is working to gather, develop, and coordinate a suite of resources on a range of topics of interest to colleagues with different levels of expertise. Resources are being compiled on a new Remote Learning Resources webpage within the Office of the Provost website.
Remote Working: Resources for Staff
Library and Information Services has resources for you to work remotely, if needed. LIS is also available to provide assistance during this time. Please email email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
As we continue to hear more about the spread of COVID-19, Carthage is doing its best to collect and disseminate information in ways that are meaningful for you since your safety and security is our top priority. Please find the following information as it relates to coverage under our benefits program:
Medical: Anthem *
Anthem will continue to waive co-pays, coinsurance, and deductibles for the diagnostic test related to COVID-19. In addition, this will be extended to include a waiver of co-pays, coinsurance, and deductibles for visits associated with in-network COVID-19 testing, whether the care is received in a physician’s office, an urgent care center, or an emergency department.
Prescription Drug: Anthem *
Anthem is relaxing early prescription refill limits for members who wish to receive a 30-day supply of most maintenance medications, where permissible. Additionally, we want to continue to encourage you to talk to your doctor about whether changing from a 30-day supply to a 90-day supply, of any prescription medicines you take on a regular basis, is appropriate. Members filling 90-day prescriptions can obtain medications through home delivery pharmacy and, in some circumstances, select retail pharmacies. Please call the pharmacy services number on the back of your health plan ID card to learn more.
For 90 days, Anthem will waive any member cost share for telehealth visits, including visits for mental health, where permissible. Cost-sharing will be waived for members using Anthem’s telemedicine service, LiveHealth Online, as well as care received from other telehealth providers delivering virtual care. Access to LiveHealth Online as well as virtual care via text is available to members through the Sydney Care app. We recommend members use virtual care options when possible, as it can help prevent the spread of coronavirus and improve access to care. Virtual care is a safe and effective way for members to see a doctor to receive health guidance related to COVID-19 from your homes via smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can access video visits with doctors and mental health professionals free of charge through June 14, 2020.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP: Lincoln Financial- EmployeeConnect) **
We understand that concern over the spread of coronavirus is growing, and you may experience stress and anxiety associated with it. If this is the case, we encourage you to leverage our Employee Assistance Program which can help whether you are experiencing your own issues coping with the outbreak or looking for guidance on how to talk about a pandemic with your children. Visit www.guidanceresources.com (Username: LFGsupport; Password: LFGsupport1) or call 888-628-4824 for more information.
Short-Term Disability and Federal Medical Leave of Absence
Carthage College employees are encouraged to follow normal leave of absence procedures during this time. If you are in need of ongoing leave, you may contact Lincoln Financial Group to request a leave. Please be aware that Lincoln Financial Group will review each leave request on a case-by-case basis since everyone’s circumstances are different during this ever-evolving situation.
- Short Term Disability (STD): Lincoln Financial Group — Carthage provides disability coverage that pays for a portion of your average weekly earnings while you are unable to work due to illness or non-work related injury. This disability coverage is administered through a third-party, Lincoln Financial Group. Full-time employees working 30+ hours per week Administered by Lincoln Financial Group, group number #490259130. Call 800-423-2765 or email clientservices@LFG.com.
- Federal Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA) — The Family Medical Leave Act (also known as FMLA) is a federal law that provides unpaid job-protected leaves of absence for qualifying medical and/or family reasons. To qualify for FMLA, you must meet BOTH tenure AND hours requirements 12 months of employment 1,250 hours accumulated within the 12 months prior to the leave. Duration is up to 12 weeks and administered by human resources. Forms are available on the human resources website. Please note: We are waiting for more information on the Emergency FMLA guidelines.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or ACT) — The Families First Coronavirus Response Act requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
*Available to all employees who are enrolled in one of our medical plans through Anthem.
**Available to all employees.
COVID-19 Testing Facilities in Kenosha
6308 8th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53143
Gateway Technical College
3520 30th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53144
For information on testing, students can contact the local hotline at 211 or Kenosha County Health at 262-605-6700.
Many resources and guidelines have been shared with faculty and staff through email. We will work to post them here as well. If you see something missing, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Accessibility Guidelines — Accommodations for students with disabilities
- Fall 2020 Advising and Registration Dates — See “Advising and Registration” on the Planning and Policies page
- The Writing Center — Online Written Feedback sessions continue to be offered
Library and Information Services is providing a live system status page for our cloud and on-premise services, including Google apps and Schoology. See it on My.Carthage.edu