Carthage partners with Sodexo for our campus food services. Sodexo Corporation has been working to implement safety measures and modify its practices to ensure safe food preparation and delivery to the Carthage community.
Please note: The Caf will be closed for in-person meals beginning Tuesday, Nov. 10. Students will need to take all meals in a “to go” manner. Residential students will need to eat their meals in their rooms. Commuter students dining on campus should eat in the TWC’s Jockey Rooms. Students are encouraged to also use the Grubhub app. Students, faculty, and staff will not be allowed to gather together in such areas as the Starbucks lounge area, Straz and Clausen common areas, conference rooms, and the Campbell Student Union.
Hours of Operation
Dining hours have been adjusted to better accommodate the traffic patterns that occur throughout the day.
- Seating capacity has been reduced in all dining locations on campus.
- The Caf has been divided into three sections. Each section will have a designated Sodexo employee responsible for cleaning that area.
- Signs on tables will indicate when they have been sanitized and are available.
- Overflow seating for The Caf is available in the Jockey Rooms and on the patio, weather permitting.
- The Caf will be full service. Every station, including the beverages, will be served by a Sodexo employee.
- Sodexo employees have had extensive training on COVID-19 guidelines for food service. All staff will be in full personal protective equipment (PPE) and working behind sneeze guards and plexiglass dividers.
- There will be one-way traffic entering and exiting The Caf. Signs will be posted to direct you.
- Signs will also be posted reminding you to wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart while waiting in lines.
- No more than two people are allowed per table in retail dining locations (not including The Caf).
- Additional hand sanitizers have been installed in all dining locations.
- Additional staff will be on hand to clean dining areas during meal times.
- All campus dining options including The Caf will be available on Grubhub (beginning Sept. 7) so students may place a to-go order. Simply download the Grubhub app, tap the settings icon, choose “Campus Dining,” search for Carthage College, and place your order.
- The Caf menu on Grubhub will have staple items available including pre-packaged salads and sandwiches, grill items, pizza, pasta, and beverages. Specialty items will be available on a rotating basis, with options for customizing your order.
- The Caf meal swipes will also be accepted at Lentz Do Lunch and two new grab and go locations — Simply to Go — one located in the Campbell Student Union and the other in the Library near Einstein’s.
- Simply to Go will have no cashiers. All orders must be placed using the Grubhub app.
- Food and drinks at all dining locations will be served in recyclable and compostable to-go containers with disposable cups and cutlery.