Office of Admissions
The Office of Admissions will resume on-campus individual visits on Wednesday, June 24. To protect our guests and staff, all visits will be limited in size and frequency, and social distancing measures will be in place.
SCHEDULE YOUR INDIVIDUAL VISIT
- Visits will include a meeting with an Admissions counselor and a campus tour.
- Visits will be offered at 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- All visits will be individual visits — one family per Admissions counselor and tour guide.
- Each time slot will be limited to three families.
- Each family will be limited to four visitors (including student).
- Contact our Admissions Office to schedule your visit.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please enter campus at the main entrance. See campus map.
- A Public Safety Officer may greet your vehicle as you enter campus to provide directions and safety reminders.
- All visitors will be asked a series of screening questions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All visitors’ names and contact information will be recorded to enable contact tracing if necessary.
Guests will be welcomed with a friendly hello, but we’ll skip the formal handshake!
During your visit
- All guests must wear a face covering. Please bring your own face mask; masks are available if needed.
- All Admissions staff and tour guides must wear a face covering.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in the Office of Admissions and along other tour stops.
- Seating in the Office of Admissions has been arranged for optimal social distancing.
- All guests will be reminded to refrain from touching surfaces during the tour.
- We ask that all visitors use the restrooms in Lentz Hall; other restrooms on campus remain closed.
- All campus tours will follow the same route to help with daily cleaning.
All Other Visitors
Protecting the health of our guests, students, and employees is a top priority. Carthage has put the following processes in place. We will continue to evaluate our visitor policies in the months ahead to protect our campus community, neighbors, and guests as much as possible.
- The College will keep a record of all campus visitors and their hosting office/department. This information is very important if we need to do contact tracing at some point in the future.
- Offices and departments will receive instructions for how to log visitors in the coming weeks.
- All campus guests will be asked questions about COVID-19 exposure and symptoms, both in advance and upon arrival.
- All campus guests are expected to follow #StaySafeCarthage guidelines: Wear a face mask or face covering, self-monitor for any symptoms before visiting Carthage, and follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Please bring limited personal belongings.
- Please note that access to many buildings/spaces on campus will vary.
- Hedberg Library is closed to the public until further notice.
- The TARC will remain closed to alumni and the public until further notice.
- All visitors should enter the Carthage College campus at the north entrance and park in the North Parking Lot #3. Visitor spaces may also be available in the Lentz Parking Lot. See campus map
In order to accomplish social distancing as students walk to and from classes, and as our community members enter and exit buildings, the following changes have been made:
- Campus Drive between Lentz Hall and the Campbell Student Union will be reserved for pedestrian traffic. Only emergency and authorized vehicles will be allowed.
- Many of our building doors will become entrance-only or exit-only.
- Interior hallways will be divided for specific directional traffic.