While Carthage has expanded cleaning protocols across campus, keeping our community healthy will require all of us to do our part. Proper hand-washing, hygiene, and frequent cleaning of surfaces will go a long way!
EVS staff will be focused on cleaning in the most critical areas of campus. Therefore, our entire community will have to do their part to assist with sanitizing and cleaning our campus environment. This will include helping to clean before and afterward in classroom and office spaces.
- Wash your hands frequently, using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently and when soap and water are not available.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after eating.
- Clean your laptop, keyboard, and phone regularly.
- Students: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in your residence hall rooms: desk, door handles, fridge handle, etc.
- Employees: Take care to wipe down commonly used surfaces in your workplace before starting work each day.
- Classrooms will be disinfected by faculty at the beginning of each class period to ensure surfaces are clean for each new group of students. Campus Operations will provide disinfectant and microfiber clothes.
- If someone tests positive for COVID-19, affected classrooms will be fogged and sanitized by EVS.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed outside classroom entrances.
- Office cleaning will be performed by office occupants.
- All faculty and staff will be provided with a package of supplies including disinfectant cleaner, two microfiber cloths, a face mask, hand sanitizer, and instructions for use. Additional supplies are available in a designated EVS closet in each building.
- Trash bins should be placed outside office door for pick-up.
- Additional cleaning supplies can be requested via SchoolDude, or by calling the Operations Department at 262-551-5752.
- If an office is in need of deep cleaning, work orders should be submitted through SchoolDude.
- All bathrooms, drinking fountains, and communal areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day by EVS staff.