The Office of Marketing and Communications assists all Carthage offices and departments with their marketing and communications needs.
How to Work With Us
Our office helps with graphic design, news articles, media relations, Carthage-branded items, photography, videography, signage, social media, and more.
The best place to start is with the project request forms below. Fill out the form that best meets your need, and the right person on our team will be in touch with you.
Do you have a project that requires multiple services? Write to email@example.com. Be sure to include a description of the initiative, its intended audience and purpose, event date if applicable, deadline(s) for materials, and a brief rundown of the services you believe you need. Our marketing manager, Daron Wolf, will contact you for more information.
Project Lead Time Needed
Please note: The timelines below are estimates. We may need more time based on our current project load. Any print and mail requests that must be fulfilled by an outside vendor will need an additional two weeks.
- Advertisement — 3 weeks
- Booklet/Event Program — 4-6 weeks
- Brochure — 4-6 weeks
- Business cards — 2 weeks
- Custom Letterhead — 4 weeks
- E-Newsletter Inclusion — 3 weeks
- Flyers/Posters — 4 weeks
- Invitations — 4 weeks
- Multi-Page Book (12+ pages) — 10 weeks
- Name Tag — 3-7 business days
- Photo Shoot (event) — 2 weeks
- Photo Shoot (headshot) — 2 weeks
- Postcard — 4 weeks
- Press Release — 3 weeks
- Social Media Promotion — 2 weeks
- Website Created — 3-8 weeks
- Webpage Created — 2-3 weeks
- Website Update — 1 week (minor), 2-3 weeks (larger revision)
Request Our Services
Faculty and Staff Services
Our office assists Carthage faculty and staff with their communication needs, including business cards, Carthage swag items, print pieces aimed at external audiences (such as prospective students), and online faculty and staff profiles.
- Business cards: Place an order
- Name tags: Place an order
- Faculty Profiles: Update an existing profile | Request a new profile
- Staff Profiles: Update or create a staff profile
- Photography: Request a new faculty/staff portrait
- Request Carthage merchandise/swag items
Design and Print Projects
Our office designs and produces print publications for Carthage including invitations, postcards, and brochures aimed at external audiences, and programs for Carthage events.
- Request a design or print project — brochure, advertisement, program, swag item, etc. (login required)
- Use a template to create your own (login required)
- Request Carthage merchandise/swag items
Our office maintains the Carthage.edu website (contact LIS for My.Carthage questions). We work with department chairs, office heads, and content managers across campus to keep their sections of the Carthage website updated, accurate, and engaging.
Photos, Videos, and Logos
Our office provides photography support and limited videography support for offices across campus. We have a team of professional and student photographers, and a team of student videographers.
- Request a photographer or videographer for an event
- Suggest a photo or video idea
- Submit a great photo or video to us
- Request a new faculty/staff portrait
- Request permission to use the Carthage logo
- Request a Carthage logo for your office/department
The Bridge is a communication tool for the Carthage community. All Carthage faculty, staff, and students may use The Bridge to share their news and announce events. Visit the Bridge homepage at www.carthage.edu/bridge. The Bridge email newsletter is sent to all faculty, staff, and students every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning.
- Submit a news or calendar item
- Read Bridge FAQs to get started
- Contact The Bridge editor with questions
News and Storytelling
Our team of professional writers and media experts work to tell the Carthage story in print and digital publications. We write articles for the website, monthly e-newsletters, and the twice-yearly Carthaginian magazine.
All media relations efforts should be coordinated by the Office of Marketing and Communications. If you would like us to alert the news media about an upcoming event, guest speaker, or accomplishment (your own or that of a colleague or student), our office can assist you in crafting and distributing a release to area media.
Our office assists with event promotion and support in several ways. For events with a large audience, or for events that are open to the public, we often assist with promotion and support including websites, advertising, news releases, calendar posts in external media, tickets, posters, flyers, invitations, online RSVP forms, event programs, and more. Our office also provides tools that event organizers can use to do their own promotion.
- Contact us about an upcoming large and/or public event
- Add your event to the main Carthage calendar and/or submit a news story to The Bridge
Our office manages all of the main Carthage College social media accounts, and acts as a resource for departments and organizations with their own social media needs. If you would like some help starting or enhancing a social media platform, contact Tom Applegarth at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Carthage social media as a whole, visit www.carthage.edu/connect.