What We Do
CCMUN members have the opportunity to take part in two conferences each year, one per semester.
During the fall semester, we attend the American Model United Nations Conference in Chicago. AMUN is a larger conference, and it attracts students from all over the United States as well as international students. Also during the fall semester, CCMUN hosts a day-long conference for high school students at Carthage. Carthage MUN members organize and act as the chairs for the event. The high school conference has grown in size over the years, attracting schools from both Wisconsin and Illinois. In 2017, CCMUN hosted over 400 high school students from 21 high schools in Wisconsin and Illinois.
In the spring semester, CCMUN rotates its conference participation. Some of the conferences Carthage’s Model UN has attended include:
- Model of United Nations of Universidad de los Andes (MONUA) in Bogotá, Colombia
- The Israeli Model United Nations Association (IMUNA) in Herzliya (near Tel Aviv), Israel
- The Bucharest International Student Model United Nations (BISMUN) in Bucharest, Romania
- ScotMUN in Edinburgh, Scotland
- The National Model United Nations conference in New York (NMUN)
- The Midwest Model United Nations conference in St. Louis (MMUN)
CCMUN also holds an on-campus fundraiser during the spring. With the fundraiser, we seek to raise campus awareness of current international situations. All the profits from this fundraiser are donated to a charity or NGO that does work internationally.